Vxr 28 or 31.5????

I have a 29.5" draw length, is there any disadvantage to going to the 28 vs the 31.5 vxr? I shot both today and they felt amazing in my hand. Don't know about string angle and stuff like that.

Zac

WKR
Technically you are too long for the 28. You never want your draw to be longer than your ATA. It's a rough rule of thumb that applies to string angles. That being said there is some wiggle room with the VXR due to cam size. You are able to push that spec a little. Levi Morgan somehow fit into the Triax, and shot it very well. That being said there is no reason to push the issue. Morgan has a draw similar to yours and he chooses the longer ATA when given the choice. Longer bows will always hold better and have the most forgiving string angles. There is a reason tight rope walkers hold an incredibly long stabilizing rod. Can you picture someone walking a tight rope with a 5 foot stick? Same principal applies to your bow.

Hogyotedeer

Banned
I won't even tempt myself. I got my Vertix earlier last year, and I'm satisfied. 1 fps., 6ounces lighter, and 2 inches shorter is a negligible difference for the money and effort.

I bet it IS sweet though.

rob86jeep

WKR
the 28 is a little faster, a little lighter, and will fit a little better in some circumstances (ground blinds, etc). The 31.5 should hold a little better (due to the longer riser/ATA) and have a better string angle (preference) at your draw length. It's really down to preference though if they both feel good.

I wanted the 31.5” but I’m going on a Sheep Hunt and decided busting brush and packing the weight I’d take the 28!
So far freaking LOVE it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammymusi

WKR
I'm a 28.5 draw I went with the 28.. i love the shorter bows.. the 31 seemed like a giant haha but thats just me

Sammymusi

WKR
When I picked mine up I picked a buddies 31.5 up for him as well heres the side by side shot.

Attachments

• 20200207_214906.jpg
    20200207_214906.jpg
    520.2 KB · Views: 99

Moneyball

WKR
30” draw here. Went with the 28 VXR after having the Halon32 since it came out. The judgement is still out on it but I’m really liking it so far, but that’s only after a week or so. I haven’t really gotten a chance to fall in or out of love with it yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trazerr

Lil-Rokslider
Picked up the 28 a few weeks ago. I have a 28” draw and came from an old Q2. I shot the 31.5 and some Hoyts and liked the 28 the most. It was a close race though.
AFE78A4F-3CAD-474E-8AFD-3BC81F30595E.jpeg
I have to refletch 3 arrows after shooting about 20 last night. Only 25-30yrds but felt great.

ps: ignore the scattering of holes. I was shooting the VXR without sights as I was waiting for them to come in ha My instinctive shooting is not what it used to be.

I definitely like a longer ATA. I know I wouldn't want the string any further from my eye than it is with the 31.5. 28.5" draw. Definitely shoots well. The 31.5 is holding great for me with no bars.

One thing is if worried about weight the 28.5 is a bit lighter.

I was stuck with the same decision and I have always prefered the longer bows (I had the Defiant 34") However, I shot the VXR 28" better than the 31.5". I was surprised but I went with the 28"...oh, and my draw length is 27.5". Good luck.

Medusa7MM

WKR
I definitely like a longer ATA. I know I wouldn't want the string any further from my eye than it is with the 31.5. 28.5" draw. Definitely shoots well. The 31.5 is holding great for me with no bars.

One thing is if worried about weight the 28.5 is a bit lighter.

Agreed. I shot both and went with the 31.5. My DL is 29.

trazerr

Lil-Rokslider
What kind of rests and sights are you guys using? I was thinking of getting a hamskea rest for sure.
I am using a Hamskea Hybrid Hunter Pro and Black Gold Ascent Verdict sight. Will be sighting it in at distance this weekend so will see then how i like the sight.

Qad mxt for the weight savings over the hamskea. Also like having the rest a little closer to the Berger than what you can do with the hamskea. Not a big deal.

Spot Hogg sight. Bouncing around between a 5 pin hunter and a tommy 5 pin. Probably stick with the hunter, again for the weight savings. I have first pin @ 30 with the hunter, pins set to 70. Wire and bubble are 85. Works for hunting. I have other bows I can practice at further yardage with.