VXR 28 string recommendation

I have the stock strings. So far I have run about 900+ shots thru it. My peep sight is still getting some rotation and I find my nose is going further to the right to get a good sight picture. The bow was tuned after 550 shots.

At this point I want new strings. From what I've read with good strings this should be less of an issue.

So fellas, this is my first bow, and I really don't know anything about good strings. I don't care about the cost as long as they do what they are suppose to do (not stretch, peep sight doesn't rotate). My bow is camo so the only thing I've decided on is black strings.

Zac

WKR
Trail Kreitzer is always raving about Buck Slayer. I have been using Threadz but would like to try Buck Slayers next. Trail said there is zero peep rotation when drawing. I recently began using Gillingham's method of half hitches for my peep and reduced most of my peep rotation. The Threadz were times perfectly with no cable twists. Hit 70 lbs on the button.

Threadz were the last set I bought. I’ve had a couple sets from them. He usually ships the next day. GAS are good, but the wait time is hard to swallow. 60x is another brand I’ve put on a few bows.

Very few people make a bad string these days, or they wouldn’t stay in business.

Ac338

WKR
I like both catfish customs and JBK on my halon 32. I'm currently shooting catfish customs in BCY X99 and like them a lot. If your in a hurry catfish is usually quicker than JBK in my experience at least.

MT257

WKR
Catfish Custom is my number one choice. If you have any questions they make sure everything is understood before the order is placed. I've had 5 sets from Catfish Custom.

I prefer GAS strings. Their lead times are a bit longer for a reason, they work AND last. I have over 18,000 shots thru several sets on various bows with their Ghost strings. There is no "peep rotation" when peep is served correctly. Also no fraying on the string or separation on the serving. They also make other model lines of strings, but I haven't tried them yet so I refrain from commenting on those.

OP
Mule3006Elk
So far: GAS, Catfish, Buck Slayer. GAS and Catfish strings per my research have a large following.

Another string company thats comes up on my search is ABB specifically their Platinum string.

My bow shop does custom strings. Puts them under 300 lbs of stretch. Guarantees no peep rotation or stretch for one year. BUT I can't find any reviews of his bow strings so it makes me skeptical. I did buy my bow from him and he has been a straight shooter. Never pushed me into any purchase, told me options, and let me pull the trigger.

I like buckslayers the most codfish second, crackers is good to and you can send him your bow to tune and he’s better than most any shop in tuning. I have had 3 sets of gas 2 of them the donut on my prime wore through in less than 500 shots, I got new donuts and a new set and it started to show wear in a couple hundred. I had a set of the ghost on a RX3 and for how much they cost I couldn’t get over how sloppy the servings look. I think buckslayer does a 2 year warranty on his high end strings

Whitetailkiller80

Lil-Rokslider
Gas strings are awesome, the owner Eric is a great guy too.

if you want an amazing work of art with quality from a one man op look no further and buy Twisted X strings (see attached his loops and every part is flawless ) all from BCYA2A7B458-958C-4C67-B88A-97AAFD9E67DA.jpeg

So far: GAS, Catfish, Buck Slayer. GAS and Catfish strings per my research have a large following.

Another string company thats comes up on my search is ABB specifically their Platinum string.

My bow shop does custom strings. Puts them under 300 lbs of stretch. Guarantees no peep rotation or stretch for one year. BUT I can't find any reviews of his bow strings so it makes me skeptical. I did buy my bow from him and he has been a straight shooter. Never pushed me into any purchase, told me options, and let me pull the trigger.

Late response but,

As long as it's a quality material it should be fine. I like BCY 452X. I have a buddy who makes my strings for me. He stretches them for 24 hours, I normally put a dozen shots thru them and start turning. I can't believe it's much difference in any string makers out there unless someone has a proprietary material that nobody else has. Far as I know some guys are using different blends but it's all pretty close to the same thing.