Vxr tuning

I was tuning my vxr today, as my bottom cam wasn’t making cable contact . Now both cams are making contact at the same time. Brace heights is 6 inches ATA IS 28 1/16. But the top cam cable is closer to the end of the timing hole towards the riser and the bottom cam is dead center through the timing hole is this a issue? I shot through paper got a slight left tear adjusted the rest and got a bullet hole. Should I be concerned of timing holes? 903F0AEB-3BB8-482E-AD98-6A75E3F0BC9D.jpegE498018A-3EB8-423A-8215-E42AD71498BC.jpeg

I use the timing marks/holes to see if anything changes, take note to how they sit, watch for changes. The draw stops are what take priority in my mind.

I can't see much difference in your pictures, as long as they are in that window your fine.

Billy goat is right on. The timing holes are for initial reference. The stops hitting at the same time are what makes the timing. The position of the D loop is likely why the hole position is off slightly but the stops are hitting at the same time.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Yooper

WKR
Just echoing what's already been posted. I don't put too much faith into the timing holes myself. I've seen them dead nuts through the holes but the cams out of sync when on a draw board. Use it as a point of reference for movement now.

Zac

WKR
Yeah makes no difference at all. I made a chart once based on which cam was hitting first and by the end of it I could make no sense of it. Good idea if it worked. You probably want to use top hats instead of mess with your rest. Save your rest for broadheads.

OP
Mackenzieb91
Yeah makes no difference at all. I made a chart once based on which cam was hitting first and by the end of it I could make no sense of it. Good idea if it worked. You probably want to use top hats instead of mess with your rest. Save your rest for broadheads.
I’d have already swapped my top hats cause I was getting a outrageous left rear that could not be fixed. I only had to move my qad four clicks to fix the tear today

Reactions: Zac

406unltd

WKR
Mark the limb position on the cams when you know the draw stops are perfect. Easy to watch and maintain correct position with that reference.