WA Goat Hunting Thread

OP
Bearhunter
Well tomorrow will mark the first day out on the mountain with a weapon! I will be hiking the many reaches of Mt. Baker in search of a record book Billy. The first attempts will be to arrow one with a rifle for backup. Its still pretty early here as far as hair go's so he will have to be an exeptional Billy for me to take him on the early leg of the hunt. I will post pics when we get back out. Stay tuned.....

OP
Bearhunter
Got fogged out today, passed on a 10" billy at 28yards on video with my bow, came out this afternoon and regrouping for tommorrow. I want a 11" billy :)

OP
Bearhunter
I passed on a 10" billy on Friday at 28 yards with my bow, then I drew on him a 44 yards and told him he was dead maybe later Seen about 35 goats that day and got completely fogged out the next. Had my bivy sack opened cause it was warm out that night, I woke to a wind storm and rain, by then it was to late as my bag was all wet, but it still keep me dry. Today we seen 68 different goats with a couple of those being 11" nannies. As well as a very nice billy bigger than Fridays billy is all Im gonna say, and he was in a unapproachable postion for today. The plan is to head in Wednesday morning the 7 to 8 miles to were he is at and post up there with bow in hand until he puts himself in a stockable position. So starting Wednesday I will have 2.5 weeks off to get it done before the weather hits! Got lots of great video in the last few days as well.... Stay tuned

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bigger than 10"?!?!? Way to keep us in suspense BH! Good luck and hunt safely out there, can't wait to hear all about it!

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
James is moose hunting at the moment ...

I'm flying in Tuesday and we'll be hunting from then on.

James will be doing a Live Hunt, so everyone can tune in there

OP
Bearhunter
Over here in eastern WA scouting moose now, it opens in the morning. So far we have seen over a dozen cows which is great for me, and one bull that with any luck will make the book, I will try to post some pics later he is a great Shiras. I have a cow tag and my buddy has a bull tag, so Monday may be an extrodinaryly busy day.... We shall see...

Jon Boy

WKR
Over here in eastern WA scouting moose now, it opens in the morning. So far we have seen over a dozen cows which is great for me, and one bull that with any luck will make the book, I will try to post some pics later he is a great Shiras. I have a cow tag and my buddy has a bull tag, so Monday may be an extrodinaryly busy day.... We shall see...

What unit for moose did you draw?

Jordan

Lil-Rokslider
James is moose hunting at the moment ...

I'm flying in Tuesday and we'll be hunting from then on.

James will be doing a Live Hunt, so everyone can tune in there

Have fun and enjoy WA while your here! Good luck bearhunter.

OP
Bearhunter
Sitting on top of Mica peak waiting for enough light to shoot. Up at 3am hiked for two hours, finally the sweat has dried the sun is rising and the moose are grunting, Game on!!