WA Goat Hunting Thread

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just got this from James ....

I'm at the airport now and getting ready to fly out...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349211861980.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349211861980.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 60
OP
Bearhunter
Ya ridgerunner I had one of the 7 cow tags and took her at 255 yards with a head shot on film:) Now with any luck my buddy will fill his bull tag, he has passed up plenty of bulls looking for Mr big....ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349245830.470564.jpg

OP
Bearhunter
On the goat trail, bad news my buddies chopper went down last night in the wilderness, but he made it out 20miles we were supposed to be with him....crazy good luck on our part!

On the goat trail, bad news my buddies chopper went down last night in the wilderness, but he made it out 20miles we were supposed to be with him....crazy good luck on our part!

He crashed???
Either way glad he's safe and you guys aren't delayed... good luck!

Mike

shanevg

WKR
Just got an update from James and Aron. They made it into the spot where they got the glimpse of the "monster billy" last week. The had the whole herd feed out in the open for quite a while and had a long time to study the goats. Turns out the "monster billy" was a 12+ inch nanny with large bases (thus mistaking it for a billy after seeing it for only 5 minutes in the trees.) They are now going to climb out of the hole they are in to a different drainage in the unit and see if they can find any billies up there where there were a couple monsters hanging out earlier this summer. Jame's air matress (I don't know what kind he had) popped and they don't have a repair kit along so sleeping has been really cold. If they don't find anything tonight they are planning on heading back to the truck, grabbing their backup air matress and checking out a different unit.

shanevg

WKR
Multi - Unit tag ?

Governor tag - any jnit with 2 or more goat tags is open to hunt September 1 to December 31.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another update from James:

Spotted one nanny and kid and a lone billy in the next drainage. Don't know where the big herd is. They are moving one more ridge over to see if they have dropped into that drainage. If not they are planning on heading out tonight to regroup, get a new sleeping pad, and probably move into one of the other units.