WA high buck hunts?

Similar to that, but head into the Olympics and do a high buck hunt for blacktails. You thinking about backpack camp hunting style? Or hunt outta a base camp?

OP
51hunt

51hunt

FNG
Backpack hunt. Blacktails, muleys, or bears. I’ll be up there this fall but want to hear some stories from those wilderness hunts

Guy

Lil-Rokslider
Get in where the anti-hunters can't find you and deliberately try to ruin your hunt. Happened to me several years ago. On opening morning, a woman hiked into the basin where I'd set up, I was all alone, enjoying the mountains, contemplating hunting a buck...

She started blowing her whistle, playing fetch with two big dogs, yelling, running around, banging sticks together, throwing rocks into the brush, etc... Made a real commotion for a few hours then left. Wish I'd taken a video, it was hilarious, except that she was scaring the game - and very deliberately, no doubt in my mind.

It was okay, I started seeing deer again that evening. :) Didn't get one, but I had a good hunt despite the opening morning festivities. LOL!

Guy

AndySee

FNG
Backpack hunt. Blacktails, muleys, or bears. I’ll be up there this fall but want to hear some stories from those wilderness hunts
Very excited to get into this area in September! Hopefully have some stories then!

AndySee

FNG
Get in where the anti-hunters can't find you and deliberately try to ruin your hunt. Happened to me several years ago. On opening morning, a woman hiked into the basin where I'd set up, I was all alone, enjoying the mountains, contemplating hunting a buck...

She started blowing her whistle, playing fetch with two big dogs, yelling, running around, banging sticks together, throwing rocks into the brush, etc... Made a real commotion for a few hours then left. Wish I'd taken a video, it was hilarious, except that she was scaring the game - and very deliberately, no doubt in my mind.

It was okay, I started seeing deer again that evening. :) Didn't get one, but I had a good hunt despite the opening morning festivities. LOL!

Guy
Gotta admire her determination

Reactions: Guy

JP3

FNG
I shot my first bear on a solo high buck scouting trip. Craziest part was I had a really nice 4x4 blacktail at 200 yds when I shot. He didn’t know what happened and came to within 75 yds and started stomping and snorting at me.

Unfortunately, weather made a massive change when I hunted the season and didn’t see a single deer.

No Stories yet from me! I am hunting mt Baker Wilderness and Pasayten this September. Pasayten first to try and tag me a big muley. Will update with pics and a story!