WA proposed bear season changes. support needed!

Finally WDFW is proposing an improvement in our bear regulations that is long overdue, and will make the august 1st opener and 2 bear bag limit statewide, instead of a sept opener and 1 bear limit in eastern washington. If you hunt washington state please show your support for this! If it passes it will go into effect this year. Please BEFORE MAY 16TH send emails supporting these changes to:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Also take this survey and comment!
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZN5J298

OP
Huckleberry Hound
Theyre only removing 419, 420, 421. Thats whudbey island, camano island, and 1 island in the san juans. there are really no bears there. one bear just showed up on whidbey and it was such a rare thing that it made the news. not really losing anything at all by removing those units.

OP
Huckleberry Hound
Oh i agree. but can you imagine all the salty tears from the whidbey island folks when somebody whacks the one and only bear on the island that just appeared?

I live in Mukilteo. One showed up and they all freaked out and called the WDFW for relocation. And funny thing is the WDFW ran it with dogs to capture. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Huckleberry Hound
Today is the last day to take the survey and comment. Anybody who knows anybody in WA that would take jist one minute to support this, please send them the link.

Thanks for posting, didn’t get an email from wdfw or anything like I usually do. But I did complete the survey 👍🏼

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
Wow I wish WDFW wouldnt continually drop the ball and actually inform ALL of the hunters in the state of these types of things. I knew nothing about this until just now...

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
I have been signed up for years. I receive their normal update emails but didn't get this one. No one I know got the email either. And I just received my email last night about draw results. Still not sure why they can't send out emails to everyone...

OP
Huckleberry Hound
I have been signed up for years. I receive their normal update emails but didn't get this one. No one I know got the email either. And I just received my email last night about draw results. Still not sure why they can't send out emails to everyone...
There are a lot of email lists you can sign up for from them. They dont exactly make it easy for people to know about. A wdfw employee showed me where to sign up on their website at a commission meeting. Ill take a look later and see if i can remember where to find the list, and if i do ill post instructions here.

OP
Huckleberry Hound
Digging all around their new website layout im unable to find where you can sign up for the various email lists. Im sure thats intentional. Ill keep digging as i find time

FreeRange

WKR
If I read correct I think they were meeting on this late last week. Any idea what the outcome was or when we could expect to hear? Thanks for posting this up, would be a great change to see them make.

OP
Huckleberry Hound
If I read correct I think they were meeting on this late last week. Any idea what the outcome was or when we could expect to hear? Thanks for posting this up, would be a great change to see them make.

Yeah, the commission meeting in port angeles on friday was the last opportunity to comment on the changes. They only alloted 20 minutes for that, and i feel it was just a formality at this point. Official word will be made on june 28th. Wish i knew what the temper of the meeting was as far as the bear regs, but im out at sea and couldnt make it. You can get on wdfw website and watch a video of the meeting, bit im on crappy satellite internet, watching a video isnt going to happen. Either way, the official word will be out one way or another on june 28th.