WA spring bear

littlebuf

Banned
yeah that sucks, Im really really ready for the weather to change and the bear hunting to start. not just the spring hunt but ive got all kindsa new gear im just itching to get up to the high country with. this may be the year I get fired

littlebuf

Banned
clyde told me yesterday he would pull guys permits for shed hunting the escapement areas on your spring bear tag. I didn't push the issue but it sounded weird to me, I don't recall seeing that "rule" anywhere. but he said if you pick up a shed while driving in an escapement area you would be subject to loss of access permit, we'll see how that goes. ive got a real good relationship with the guy so I wont push it, but a heads up for you kapowsin guys

littlebuf

Banned
me too. I was laughing at the spring bear hunters I saw yesterday. its really no wonder only 10 or so out of 150 tags get filled on that hunt

littlebuf

Banned
I only work till noon every day. and I left early yesterday. its just funny because everyone and there brother just drives around the same escapement area road hunting. now I know you can see bears from the road but its not the highest productivity rate for bear hunting. I was just in there looking for the other side of the shed I found last weekend. where I hunt wont be thawed out for another week or two

OP
fillthefreezer
ya i will be up saturday, but i wont be getting too worked up yet.
i thought it was funny last year how quickly the road conditions changed in the escapements areas from all the "traffic"

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I've been so busy at work that I haven't gotten up there yet! Hopefully in the next couple days. I'll start down low and probably follow the snow up.

littlebuf

Banned
ill be in tomorrow around 1. weathers looking good at least through tomorrow. when I was up Monday you could just about watch the snow receding up the hill. wont take much

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I hit a few spots yesterday but I didn’t see any sign at all. I think the grass still needs get grow a little more before it gets good. I couldn’t get to some of my spots because of the snow.

littlebuf

Banned
I was up all afternoon yesterday, and nope, no sign. my main area is well snowed in but the forecast calls for the 70's next week. ill be up there this weekend im sure, really I should just save the gas and wait a week. but I have a problem with having a tag and not being in the woods, even when I know it wont do a damn bit of good. may just hike in to some of the closer spots and look for a few more sheds.

OP
fillthefreezer
I was up all afternoon yesterday, and nope, no sign. my main area is well snowed in but the forecast calls for the 70's next week. ill be up there this weekend im sure, really I should just save the gas and wait a week. but I have a problem with having a tag and not being in the woods, even when I know it wont do a damn bit of good. may just hike in to some of the closer spots and look for a few more sheds.

im thinking im gonna roll the car up there and save the diesel, or maybe the bike. but ill be up at least sat., if nothing else i can use the excersise

littlebuf

Banned
I was up. my area is completely melted out and green. found my first pile of spring scat but its still a little sparse. I know one thing though, with the weather this week it will be fully on up where im hunting. think I may miss a little work Friday...

OP
fillthefreezer
i covered a lot of ground, found everything melted out but not alot of new growth, this week should definately help. saw more deer than id seen in a day in awhile(16)