WA State Mountain Goat Down

hikenhunt

WKR
I highly recommend reading hunterednate's story in the link above. He is a gifted writer and describes the prep and hunt amazing well. You'll feel like you were there with him!

Gnatboy911

Lil-Rokslider
ho
Posted some scouting pics from this elsewhere on the forum, but wanted to link to the full story here:

https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,243574.0.html

Thanks to all for your help! Mountain goats....is there any other type of hunting like this??

View attachment 128188
holy cow, great goat and amazing write up. Everyone should read that. God blessed me with an amazing goat hunt this year as well here in CO. Not sure there's much else that can match it. Congrats.

OP
hunterednate
Very nice indeed, congratulations! He looks to have some pretty big bases and I'd guess pushing 10", any idea on what he scores?

Thanks! 10 1/4" left, 10 1/8" right, both with 5 6/8" bases. He scores unofficially at 51 4/8" net. Going to get him officially measured in a couple months. My field judging guess when I was looking at him was 9.25", so I was thrilled when we finally got up to him and we could see he was closer to 10". One of the very rare cases of "ground swellage" in my hunting experience.

Yep! That was an awesome write up that you did. My day is pretty full, and your really put things into perspective in my own life when I think about how Grace has impacted it. Thanks again for the article.