WA state quality hunt draw--Chewuch

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all,

I drew a tag for the Chewuch late rifle Nov 1-20 in WA state. It's not the tag it used to be but still worth doing. If anyone has any info they would be willing to share it would be much appreciated. I've been there in the regular season but never in the migration and rut.

Thanks!

Hope for weather to blow in. I would start high in the first week then go low. I would be working the burns up by tiffany mountain. Seen some really nice deer get taken on that tag that come from up there. Cub creek gets a lot of deer the stage up in there when the rut hits.

Kulshan

Lil-Rokslider
Very cool.

Awesome country. I would probably hunt the eastern side of the unit and away from Winthrop. I’m guessing most people hunt the open low country but mid elevation timber should still hold a good number of animals.

Hope for weather and bring chains

Clark33

WKR
Try to cover a lot of ground and see as much country as you can, you should catch one moving that time of year

Chad E

WKR
Bumping this thread up. I was lucky enough to burn my 19 points on this tag this year. I've been researching and scouting like mad but would always appreciate any insite or ideas from previous tag holders or guys familiar with the unit. Thanks in advance for any help.

Huntnnw

WKR
Pay attention to weather during general, if the high country gets dumped on it will push deer down even tho it could melt and seem too low at the time of your hunt.

Chad, I also drew the last season chewuch tag for 2022. Good luck in there I hope you find a good one to wrap your tag around!