WA state spring bear petition !!!!!!!!!

I received an email from RMEF today stating that due to all of the backlash from their original decision, the commission is holding a special meeting on January 21st to review the decision. Here's a link to the RMEF page, scroll down and click on the "take action" button, which will open up a new window. Please take a moment to add your information to the preformatted letter and send it to the commissioners to keep the heat on them.

Why do you want to hunt bears right out of hibernation? How many sows do you think get killed by accident and never reported because hunters don't want to get into trouble. There are much better times to black bear hunt than spring. I am 100% for smart hunting. After my kids open their gifts I will be off to hunt Mule Deer and fill my white tail tags here in Texas. I kill does and small bucks every year because it's the right thing to do, if the spring hunt isn't helping hunting it shouldn't happen. Look at both sides, why do you want to shot a bear with no weight on it yet?
Dude, you win prizes for most ignorant comments on a subject you obviously know absolutely nothing about. Washington is in a serious predator pit with politicized overprotection of predators. No hounds. No bait. Out of control, but protected wolf populations. Now this. There's so so so many bears it's actually an ecosystem out of balance. We saw 7 different bears in one short trip last year, and it was in a unit that already had no spring season to protect the population 🤦‍♂️. With much of the state being heavily forested, spring bear season is one of the few chances to effectively manage them. There's a desperate need for more predator reduction in WA, not less!

mylsuhat

Lil-Rokslider
My message to them:

Canceling the spring black bear season due to feelings and disregard for science is disheartening and a disservice to the people of the state of Washington as well other Americans. Wildlife conservation in our great country is based around the sustainable harvest of these public resources. I would love to see the commission re-instate this spring season and work on educating those who oppose the harvest of black bears.

Thank you.

Clark33

WKR
AZ and CO predator management is under attack now as well. I don't know the exact details but it might be worth another thread with links to voice our concerns.

OP
Spoonman

Spoonman

WKR
AZ and CO predator management is under attack now as well. I don't know the exact details but it might be worth another thread with links to voice our concerns.
I agree. We need to stand together and fight harder than the antis are. If someone out there has some good links for each state then start a thread. Let’s fight !

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I listened to the commissioner meeting this morning. The first 7 or 8 public comments were from anti hunters. Straight Whack-o-doodles. Then it was a pretty steady flood of pro hunting speakers that all did a very good job. The people that spoke against hunting had zero facts, all emotion based comments and it was very obvious.

One take away I got from it is how incredibly important it is to plug those speaking positions up as fast as possible when they announce it. They only have time for so many speakers, if they are all anti hunting, its not good.

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider
I agree. We need to stand together and fight harder than the antis are. If someone out there has some good links for each state then start a thread. Let’s fight !

Here's the link for Colorado, they need 10k signatures, they have 5k.

OP
Spoonman

Spoonman

WKR
Here's the link for Colorado, they need 10k signatures, they have 5k.

That’s great. We all need to keep hammering on these antis and all this emotionally charged bills.

May want to start a new thread on the Colorado one. ( Maybe you have, I didn't look). I'm afraid it won't get as much attention in the Washington thread.

The Antis end game is to overprotect predators until there's no huntable populations of ungulates. It's not conservation, it's genocide. It's cruel, and such a huge hypocrisy for people who claim to love the animals. Just think of all the terror and bloody savagery from the wolf introduction alone. Humans are a far more humane predator, but IMO these people never really did care about the wildlife.

OP
Spoonman

Spoonman

WKR
May want to start a new thread on the Colorado one. ( Maybe you have, I didn't look). I'm afraid it won't get as much attention in the Washington thread.

The Antis end game is to overprotect predators until there's no huntable populations of ungulates. It's not conservation, it's genocide. It's cruel, and such a huge hypocrisy for people who claim to love the animals. Just think of all the terror and bloody savagery from the wolf introduction alone. Humans are a far more humane predator, but IMO these people never really did care about the wildlife.
Read up you’ll see the link to the thread that’s started. Click on it and it’ll take you there.

Read up you’ll see the link to the thread that’s started. Click on it and it’ll take you there.
I did this afterwards, and realized how superficially I scanned the comments before adding my own. 🤦‍♂️ Decided to leave my comment since I also commented on predators. I also signed the Colorado petition. We hunters must support eachother against the divide and conquer tactics of the Antis.