Wacem 4 blade deep six anyone ever use them?

Pramo

WKR
I've been busy fooling around with some new arrows this winter and went with injexion 330's. Reason for going deep six is better long range accuracy but mainly to keep my 13 year old son and his buddies from taking all my broadheads. Love the kids and helping them hunt but I needed this drastic move to protect my archery tackle box of goodies.;)

I've tested flight on a bunch heads and combinations and found wacem fly superior to the exodus full blade and slick trick for me. All group well to 40 yards but after that the wacem really shine and I have yet to have one plane on me. I've done the standard home testing of shooting through plywood and the dreaded shot into a brick to see what the head looks like and all seems well with the wacem. My concerns are the blades being a little sloppy fitting on some of the heads and the shaft does not screw in that far into the insert compared to a field tip or the exodus which I found to be the best looking and strongest head out of them.

So with all that, anyone ever killed and elk with a wacem deep six and had and regrets using them? I've killed elk myself with slick trick viper tricks, razor tricks and a rage hypodermics so I'm open to most any head but prefer a good flying fixed for elk and will not spend over $40 for a pack of heads

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider
Only thing I do not like about the Wac em's is how the blades lock. Ive slung blades on wac ems twice. I switched to slick trick mags after that because there locking system is superior.

OR Archer

WKR
Only thing I do not like about the Wac em's is how the blades lock. Ive slung blades on wac ems twice. I switched to slick trick mags after that because there locking system is superior.

I'm with Muley15. I'm not a fan of how the blades attach. I've personally witnessed the blades fall out just from the head getting loose in the quiver. They're sharp and fly really well but that point is a deal breaker for me.

Chad E

WKR
I've had the same thing happen to me as the previous guys. Set up waiting for an elk to come in and looked down at my broadhead to see if was missing a blade. I won't risk it anymore. They fly awesome but blade retention is their weak spot.

OP
Pramo

Pramo

WKR
Guys thanks for the feedback that is what I thought may happen. I did apply heavy bowstring wax to the back of the blades and collar to keep the heads together but it still makes me uneasy with only a few threads actually going into the insert with deep six.

I'm going to mess with my arrow build and try to get the exodus good out to 80 yards. Just added another insert and went from blazers to Max Stealth vanes so that will slow down the arrow and hopefully help at longer ranges with a little more FOC.

Capra

Lil-Rokslider
Is the issue with the deep six version of the wac em?

I have used the 3 blade 125 standard thread in the past with good results, ill agree that the way the blades go together is not a strong as say a slick trick but I never had blades just falling out or anything.

I would be looking to use the deep six 3 blade wac em.......

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider
Doesnt matter if its deep six or not. I shot a doe and one of the blades tore off when it hit the shoulder. I also hit the leg of my rhinehart target deer and one of the blades tore off as well. I always made sure my blades were tight as well. I wanted them to be my go to head but there is no way I would shoot them after this happening.

Capra

Lil-Rokslider
I have not seen them in person but there is a new head that popped up called the tooth of the arrow.

4 blade one piece design. it may be an alternative.

In my case I'm considering the kudu point as well