Wader recs

kf1983

Lil-Rokslider
I’m two years in with cheap nylon frogg toggs. Zero insulation. I think i paid $60 for them. I’d like to upgrade to a real pair of durable, warmer nylon waders. Would love some recommendations.
I typically hunt Southern California but would like the ability to do a more norther Midwest trip with them as well.
Lowest temp is 20 degree. Average early morning temp 40ish. Daytimes are generally warm. Water temps not too bad. Wet blinds.

spc7669

Lil-Rokslider
I have a set of Simms that are 7 or 8 years old. Totally happy with them.

spur60

Lil-Rokslider
I got 8 years out of my cabelas 5mm 400 gr neoprenes, which is a miracle for me considering how many tree branches and flooded barbed wire fences I find every year.
I now have a cabelas breathable set and a cabelas 7mm 1600 gr thinsulate neoprene set.

Djw442

FNG
About to start the second season with the banded 2.0 elites. So far so good. Would like to try Sitka, but they do not offer a size 14.

Fowler530

WKR
Sitka Delta Zip Waders (y) Pretty spending up front, but are fully serviceable with a great warranty! Most comfortable waders/boots I’ve worn in 45 years of waterfowling! Light enough for warm weather hunts, but can handle cold conditions with ease with proper layering. Annual sale usually helps relieve some of the initial price sting.

ffcpfef

FNG
I made the switch from Cabelas’s armor flex 1200 gram boot foot neoprenes to the Simms G3 gore Tex stocking foot waders and I’ll never go back to neoprene or boot foot again. The Simms offer no insulation so it’s important to wear additional base layers underneath, but the reduction in weight, increase of breathability with gore Tex, and improved traction with the stockingfoot wading boots has been a significant upgrade.

Tex68w

WKR
I got 7 seasons out of my last set of Redhead neoprenes but I wanted to make the switch over to breathable's as it doesn't get all that cold here in south Texas. I have Simms and Patagonia's for fishing but I prefer a boot foot with rugged knees/shins for the areas where we hunt waterfowl. I am trying out the Lacrosse Alpha Swampfox this season because I get them at cost but I plan to pick up a pair of the Sitka Delta Zips in the offseason when I can find a deal. If the Lacrosse don't hold up I'll replace them with Gator Waders next season which will become my loaners/backups.

I love the banded redzone breathables. I walk through a lot of mesquites/briars where I hunt in TX and the fronts of the legs have like full chaps that protect the waders. Super comfortable boot on rough ground and mud. Can get them insulated or uninsulated. All my neoprene waders (drake, cabelas, lacrosse) developed holes really quickly but these seem to be the ticket.

I have some patagonia fishing waders that i'll wear if i have to do a lot of walking or it's crazy hot out.

ZC906

FNG
Have some buddies that like their Drake waders.

The Frogg Togg Refuge 2.0 have a removable liner that you can zip in for cold AM hunts.