Wader rubbing fix

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a pair of cheap $80 waders with the boots built on and they are tearing up the sides of my calves where the boot meets the neoprene. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
1). Wear calf high socks or long johns.
2) stuff rolls of toilet paper into the boots when you store them to keep them open.
3) stuff rolls of toilet paper into the boots and very carefully heat up the boot with a hair dryer or heat gun to get the memory to reset. Too hot and you will destroy the glue and or damage the neoprene.

OP
T

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
1). Wear calf high socks or long johns.
2) stuff rolls of toilet paper into the boots when you store them to keep them open.
3) stuff rolls of toilet paper into the boots and very carefully heat up the boot with a hair dryer or heat gun to get the memory to reset. Too hot and you will destroy the glue and or damage the neoprene.
I put a couple of piece of 3” pvc in there but Didn’t think about using a heat gun. I’m gonna try the toilet paper rolls and heat gun tonight. Thanks guys

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I put a couple of piece of 3” pvc in there but Didn’t think about using a heat gun. I’m gonna try the toilet paper rolls and heat gun tonight. Thanks guys

That would be the first thing to try as its a semi permanent fix.

Worst case scenario what I've done is take a piece of paracord and tie it around the top of the boot to compress the top enough to make it round. Then make 2 wraps with black gorilla tape over the paracord to keep it in place. Its a ugly fix though.

OP
T

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
That would be the first thing to try as its a semi permanent fix.

Worst case scenario what I've done is take a piece of paracord and tie it around the top of the boot to compress the top enough to make it round. Then make 2 wraps with black gorilla tape over the paracord to keep it in place. Its a ugly fix though.
I was thinking of some way to try and compress it, I’ll give that a shot if the heat fails.. I don’t care how it looks, anything is better than the slow process of sawing through my calves. Thank you sir