Waders or Wading Pants

hunt1up

WKR
I'm looking at purchasing some Simms G3 waders but the G3 wading pants caught my eye too. Does anyone us a wading pant rather than waders for their moose and other wet hunts? It seems like they'd be a little less restrictive and would sure make answering nature's call much easier.

Thanks for any insight.

Reload

Lil-Rokslider
For what it's worth, I bought the waders last fall and would reccomend them. Half the time I rolled the top down and buckled the shoulder straps like the waist belt. When you needed the extra, it sure came in handy for deeper water and/or warmth. Cost being the same between the two, it made better sense for our needs.
Relieving yourself in waders isn't much of an issue. Just make sure to shake the sugar tree or you'll be trickling everytime you suit back up! Good luck on your hunt

OP
hunt1up

hunt1up

WKR
For what it's worth, I bought the waders last fall and would reccomend them. Half the time I rolled the top down and buckled the shoulder straps like the waist belt. When you needed the extra, it sure came in handy for deeper water and/or warmth. Cost being the same between the two, it made better sense for our needs.
Relieving yourself in waders isn't much of an issue. Just make sure to shake the sugar tree or you'll be trickling everytime you suit back up! Good luck on your hunt

Thanks. If "shaking more than twice is playing with it" then I have a problem, lol! Good to know.

mcseal2

WKR
On our hunt we would have been to deep for the pants on several occasions. Also the chest waders eliminate the chance of rain getting between a jacket and pants. I definitely recommend the good ones and a wading boot that offers ankle support. We both used G3 waders and boots and were happy.

OP
hunt1up

hunt1up

WKR
Well the G3 boots and waders showed up. Both the boots and waders fit perfectly and I’m pleasantly surprised with how comfortable this setup is. I’ve never had high end waders or wading boots but this stuff is legit. The boots feel great.

bobhunts

WKR
It all depends on where you are hunting. I went to Alaska 5 years ago and could have worn regular boots. But I had hip waders. Either way check with the outfitter or talk to guys that went to where you are going. Other guys that got dropped by the same outfit complained about finding a dry place to pitch a tent.

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
You made a good decision sir, and I'm pretty confident that you will be glad you went with the chest waders for all the good reasons others presented...sugar tree aside!