Waders

SNFarms

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at Banded Red Zone Elite Breathable Insulated Chest Wader. Anyone have any experience with these waders?

Lamont22

FNG
No experience with the Banded wader. I’ve heard good things about the Rogers 3 in 1 breathables. My Cabela’s Supermags have been great, but the idea of going with something that is lighter and more versatile is appealing.

rtaylor

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't tried those but I've tried everything else on the market. I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter if they are cheap or expensive waders the max life span I'm going to get is 3 years. Lately I've been buying the cheapest I can find because they all leak or rip at some point.

LineandBuck

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using USIA waders, they make commercial dive suits and also make waders now. They're made to order, custom colors, boot foot/stocking foot, shell holders, pockets, all customizable. They cost around 500 bucks but they're like the carhartt of waders, and they're made in Oregon.

Also will repair any tear or leak you can manage to put in them for a reasonable fee.

Oregon

WKR
I wear breathable waders on average of 160 days a year. Please PM me if you find a set that lasts more than 2-3 years.
USIA is one I haven’t tried but heard great things. Next set, which should be middle next year, I’ll buy

Still got my dad’s tar backed canvas in the shed. Growing up I was surprised how well they worked.

I too wear waders 100 days a year, the best I have found are the Orvis brand bootfoot breathables. Most durable breathable wader out there. I have not tried the Sitka’s and have no intention to at that price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve never worn the orvis but I know about a dozen guides who do, they don’t want any thing else.
Just saying.
I guess I would expect any of them in that 500.00 price range to be pretty good.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I have had the banded. They leak quick. I felt slightly taken at the cost vs lifespan. A quick google fu search will show that its a problem for banded across all their waders.

pullit

FNG
As stated above Banded has a reputation for leaking. I was hunting with some guides in Ark. and they would buy 2 pair at a time. They wore one pair til it leaked and would send it back and swap out for the second pair.
I bought a pair of Itasca last year, we will see how they hold up. These are the ones I bought.
itasca-marsh-king-maxlight-1200-gram-wader-realtree-max-5/

vthokee

WKR
Just saw this thread. When I moved here to Arkansas I went duck hunting. Worst mistake ever.... I started this past season getting a good pair of breathable waders. I went with some Frog Toggs and they were good for about 3 hunts. They started leaking. Took them back and they exchanged for another pair. First hunt out leaked again. So I went back and got the Banded Elites. They are hands down super comfortable but two hunts in and they were leaking. This time I didn’t deal with the store here in town. I emailed Banded direct. They sent me a fedex label and I mailed in my wafers with a copy of the purchase receipt. They are sending me the new waders when they are released this year. If the Bandeds hold up they are great if not you have wet clothes while hunting.

Rich M

WKR
Bass Pro used to have a pair of nylon waders with waterproof backing - they lasted until the booties came off, good 5 years.

Most waders I have last about 3 seasons.

Latest pair I have is Cabelas breathable. 2 seasons, heading into a third. Good $100 waders.

shotgunwilly

Lil-Rokslider
I had a pair that leaked, they don’t seam tape the inside very well.

I ended up removing the insulation and seam sealing the inside and outside of the waders and I got 3 seasons out of them.

They are very comfortable, that’s the only reason I went through all the trouble.

blackdawg

WKR
I have a pair of these, 2 seasons on them and they haven’t leaked. Very comfortable waders.I have slimmed up considerably since I purchased them and would make a great deal on these to a rokslider,, they are size 10, stored indoors and in very good condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevlar88

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't tried those but I've tried everything else on the market. I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter if they are cheap or expensive waders the max life span I'm going to get is 3 years. Lately I've been buying the cheapest I can find because they all leak or rip at some point.

I used to think along these same lines, then I got a pair of SIMMS. They lasted a decade of hard use on the Gulf coast fishing and duck hunting in the salt. Have a buddy or two that guide and basically live in them year round and theirs have lasted just as long,

Chase_D

FNG
I've duck hunted for a very long time now and I'm a member of several other duck hunting forums. While I have no experience with the Banded waders, I've heard nothing but complaints about them. The chief complaint that I read is that they leak and not after multiple seasons, but after just a few hunts. Waders are nothing to skimp on and my opinion is to buy once cry once. I currently have a pair of Lacrosse waders (which are leaking after three seasons) but my next pair will be Sitka.