Waiting for summer in the SE to end is the worst

ChrisAU

WKR
I'm in Southern AL less than 100 miles from the gulf coast.

I hate summer unless I'm in a pool with a beer.

To practice shooting I have to be at our range when the sun comes up, and an hour later I'm drenched in sweat from sitting at a bench in the shade. Its awful.

Not as bad as some areas but 90's and humid here in PA today. I tell my wife if it really nice out all the time we'd be swarmed with people in the mountains like the western states. I can spend days camped along a forestry road and not have a vehicle pass by.

Alvie

FNG
Other then the fresh fruit and veggies I want to skip July and August here in PA

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just spent a week in Key West it felt like being suffocated by a hot wet towel with razor blades. I’m happy be home in Colorado even with the world’s worst air quality.

South of Atlanta 6:00am it’s 80 by noon its 90 heat index 102. 90% humidity. Get a brief rain shower and it goes to breathing hot air in a plastic bag. Got to love sweating profusely. Heat, mosquitoes and “Mr. no shoulders” crawling around. Summer in the peach state.
July/August/September is a sweat box.

I absolutely hate the heat. I split and burn wood all winter long for free heat to help me rationalize running the AC at subzero temps all summer long. I've vowed if I ever move again it will be far, far north.

Yarak

WKR
Alabama has actually been below average temps but the humidity has been spot on
If you’ve never experienced air you can wear then come on down to Tuscaloosa
It’ll make long for the Arctic and one good day

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
Boy, I miss the people in Texas, but I sure Lawwwwd don’t miss the humid heat. I have to deal with a few months of winter, but it’s an easy trade off to skip the crazy swamp ass summers.

Keep making the state of Texas great and come visit up north during summer to keep your sanity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alarka

FNG
Just west of Savannah here, currently 12:53 and it's only 91 with a heat index of 104. You either stay inside or just deal with it and stay hydrated.
I hear ya on that I live just up the road during hunting season/winter, but come down once a month to visit and mow. I’m originally from WNC I call it “Summer winter” down there and the heat & humidity is brutal if your outside working, so I get up early and get work done by 10-11am. A couple weeks back it was still in the 80’s at 10pm which is a daily high in the WNC Mtn’s.