Waiting for summer in the SE to end is the worst

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
I live in the south east corner of Texas.. worked construction for years.. The heat and humidity doesn't bother me as much as the sun.. About July I start doing stuff at daylight or dark. I fish at night this time of the year.. mostly spend my time in the shade or house If my project permits..

Leaving for Colorado in a couple of weeks so I'll miss most of September's heat down here.

OP
Newtosavage
I live in the south east corner of Texas.. worked construction for years.. The heat and humidity doesn't bother me as much as the sun.. About July I start doing stuff at daylight or dark. I fish at night this time of the year.. mostly spend my time in the shade or house If my project permits..

Leaving for Colorado in a couple of weeks so I'll miss most of September's heat down here.
My first few trips to CO to hunt were in September. It was so nice to cut two weeks out of this blasted summer heat. But then I got a promotion and I can't be away in September. :( So now I am back to having to endure the full length of our summers again. But while I could, being in the mountains the first week of September while folks back at home were dealing with 100 deg. and humidity was pretty sweet. I try not to think about it now. LOL

OP
Newtosavage
Boy, I miss the people in Texas, but I sure Lawwwwd don’t miss the humid heat. I have to deal with a few months of winter, but it’s an easy trade off to skip the crazy swamp ass summers.

Keep making the state of Texas great and come visit up north during summer to keep your sanity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are some good folk down here, but in moving around the country I've learned there are good folk everywhere, and a certain % of crazies too. LOL

As soon as we can retire, we're moving to a cooler and especially drier place. Might be within a reasonable drive of Texas, and might not. We'll have to see.

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
My first few trips to CO to hunt were in September. It was so nice to cut two weeks out of this blasted summer heat. But then I got a promotion and I can't be away in September. :( So now I am back to having to endure the full length of our summers again. But while I could, being in the mountains the first week of September while folks back at home were dealing with 100 deg. and humidity was pretty sweet. I try not to think about it now. LOL
I won't be able to go next year. We have a turnaround scheduled for September and my oldest will be playing his last year of high school football. I'll be back in 23 though. Hunting is secondary to fishing for me. I love saltwater fishing so living 5 min from the ramp is nice. When we finally retire I think we are gonna rent 6 months at a time in different areas until we find a place where the summer doesn't suck and the politics are atleast bearable. I seriously doubt I can make it outside of Texas though.

OP
Newtosavage
I won't be able to go next year. We have a turnaround scheduled for September and my oldest will be playing his last year of high school football. I'll be back in 23 though. Hunting is secondary to fishing for me. I love saltwater fishing so living 5 min from the ramp is nice. When we finally retire I think we are gonna rent 6 months at a time in different areas until we find a place where the summer doesn't suck and the politics are atleast bearable. I seriously doubt I can make it outside of Texas though.
Wife and I were just talking about this on our walk this morning. Spending time in a few areas for a couple years after we retire - much for the same reasons.

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider

September might be my favorite month of the year in WI. Weather is flat out amazing, football starts and so does archery season!

OP
Newtosavage
September might be my favorite month of the year in WI. Weather is flat out amazing, football starts and so does archery season!

I felt the same way when I was in Roswell, NM and then in Southern IL. Septembers were great. Cool dry air arrived. HS football marching band music was in the air. The anticipation of archery season and the holidays. Great time. Down here, September is just another month of suffering interrupted by sweaty sits in the dove field and mosquito baths in the teal marshes. LOL

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
I felt the same way when I was in Roswell, NM and then in Southern IL. Septembers were great. Cool dry air arrived. HS football marching band music was in the air. The anticipation of archery season and the holidays. Great time. Down here, September is just another month of suffering interrupted by sweaty sits in the dove field and mosquito baths in the teal marshes. LOL

Yeah, if I remember right it was middle of October before I remember cool winds blowing as I made the long walk from the fieldhouse to the practice field during football season. That was always such a good feeling, haha!

Jauwater

WKR
Really thin cotton shirts is what I work in, and they do a pretty good job at keeping you cool-ish. Like a dress shirt basically. Cotton is nice because it drys fairly fast, and accepts alot of moisture so it keeps that rapid evaporation happening against your skin keeping you cooler. I stay covered head to toe. It still feels like your in hell, but maybe at one of the upper rings of hell, rather then the deepest pit.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

MattB

WKR
Feeling better with you guys sh!tting on CA all the time. Tomorrow in San Jose it will be a bit warm at 90 and humidity will be unseasonably high at 36%. I have seen close to 20 mosquitos this year which is a lot.

The low was 51 the other day while hunting on my deer lease, felt great.