Walking quietly on gravel

Michael54

WKR
I agree. In situations where you have to make noise just get it over with as quickly as possible.

Just walk in earlier and give a little more time for the woods to settle back down again before daylight.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

RT-MCPO

FNG
Hey all,

Hoping someone has a solution to this. The landowner who lets me hunt on his land has requested me to park at the beginning of the driveway in the mornings so that I don’t wake anyone up when the truck comes rolling in. This is not a problem what so ever and completely understand where he’s coming from. However this makes my walk to my stand much longer and louder seeing as the driveway is loose gravel.

Currently sporting size 15 feet so slowly walking doesn’t really cut it on the loose gravel. If anything going slowly makes sound last longer. Anyone have an ideas as to footwear or something to get in quietly? I’ve thought of a bike but I’d rather not put much money into this if at all.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hopefully your stand isn’t off gravel, that’s strange. Get into the stand earlier if it is.

RT-MCPO

FNG
Just walk in earlier and give a little more time for the woods to settle back down again before daylight.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Mike,
Didn’t see your response till posting mine. Getting in earlier is just common sense.