Wall Tent for 4

WCB

WKR
14x20 or there about. 4 guys, gear, cots, on one half, fold up long table with snacks and drinks and the stove on the other. middle two cots get folded in half and set up against the wall after the evening hunt to eat and play cards. I'm assuming this is a tent for camping at at trail head or something not pack animals? Because if it a pullout of the back of the truck and set up type deal go a little bigger than you think you need.

WKR
I am actually looking for a canvas tent myself. I have a few questions that I can't seem to come up with a good answer for by reading forums and researching though. Although I will be using it for hunting camp anywhere from 3-4 guys, it will also be for my family as we go camping only a couple times a year.
I have a 3 month old son now, my wife, and I, so my question is should I look at something with a full floor sewn in so that it keeps bugs and things out of the tent or are these fairly sealed enough that I shouldn't have to worry. I would hate to wake up and find ticks everywhere although not that it couldn't happen in a regular tent with a floor either.
I've been looking at a 14x16 tent to fit gear, cots, etc. Any thoughts on whether a sewn in floor is best or does it really matter? I like the idea of having a 3/4 floor as in my current tent I put down a tarp inside the door for wet/dirty gear when you walk in. Current tent is 10x14 and it just gets a little too crowded and I don't see a 12x14 being much better.
Buy 2. One light weight nylon with a floor for the family. And a Davis 14x16 or bigger for the guys. I raised a family camping and it was usually during summer and buggy. The nylon tents with screens and floors made it work really nicely for them. I would not use that type tent in fall or winter though. Just buy 2. Good luck.

KineKilla

WKR
We use a Cabelas Alaknak 12'x20' for four guys every year. We too use a stove and cots. We have had 5 in there but we used bunk bed cots for that. The vestibule is a must have option.

I'd recommend a Davis Canvas tent over mine and I'd go with no smaller than what I have. When you put 4 guys, cots, stove, wood, duffel bags, rifles, etc. in there it gets crowded.

It is a good, strong tent but condensation can be an issue if the weather is wet.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

I have a very large Relite wall tent. Relite is a lightweight option from Montana Canvas. I use it often in the coastal range where we get lots of rain with no condensation issues with the stove utilized. I also have a small canvas wall tent. In the larger sizes I strongly prefer the Relite as I can easily set the tent up by myself. Canvas is heavy and it get to be a real chore to handle in the larger tents. You may want to consider a Relite or blend version.

sneaky

"DADDY"
4 guys? 16x20 and don't look back. You'll never say "man, we've got too much room in here " once everyone gets all their crap piled up in there

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bcovis

FNG
We use a Cabelas Alaknak 12'x20' for four guys every year. We too use a stove and cots. We have had 5 in there but we used bunk bed cots for that. The vestibule is a must have option.

I'd recommend a Davis Canvas tent over mine and I'd go with no smaller than what I have. When you put 4 guys, cots, stove, wood, duffel bags, rifles, etc. in there it gets crowded.

It is a good, strong tent but condensation can be an issue if the weather is wet.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Just realized the vestibule is for the tent size not two different sizes 🙈.

Are you happy with the 12x20 or would you go up to the 13x27?

Last edited: