Wall Tent LED lanterns

I use the solar lights from Davis Tent. I can get 2 nights out of them before I recharge them. They give the tent a different look than the classic propane lanterns.

Solar Light Package Image.JPG

Elk Package.jpg

Rob5589

WKR
I got this one about a month ago. It has a "warm" light setting that is low power usage and nice once everyone's just sitting around for the evening. At 20 bucks its hard to beat. Runs on D cells and i used it on a 9 day hunt without any issues or needing additional batteries.
Amazon had a 4 pack of these for cheap so I grabbed one. Great lantern, a bit brighter than the Core I have, very compact. Time will tell on battery life. With these I have now ditched all my propane lanterns.

11boo

WKR
If you guys go with the strip light plan, Amazon sells remote switches for dirt cheap, Chicom crap, that works. Really nice being able to turn lights on/off from the cot.

Thanks for starting this thread and giving me ideas!

I am rocking a gift GE LED imitation Coleman style lantern. Pretty sure they were from Costco around 10 years ago. Its still going strong however it takes D batteries. When it craps out I definitely want something lighter. Until then it serves its purpose.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

11boo

WKR
Thanks for starting this thread and giving me ideas!

I am rocking a gift GE LED imitation Coleman style lantern. Pretty sure they were from Costco around 10 years ago. Its still going strong however it takes D batteries. When it craps out I definitely want something lighter. Until then it serves its purpose.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Stuff is light years ahead now.

Rob5589

WKR
We have used several different led battery lanterns . but we back to the old style Coleman fuel lanterns. The sound and the heat they put off is just soothing.
Eat some freeze dried meals for a few days and you'll have heat and sounds. May not be all that "soothing" though:sick:

Kajan

FNG
Hey guys. I'm in the process of setting up a wall tent as a base camp for my hunting area and would like some recommendations on lanterns. I'd like to streamline my gear as much as possible, so I've been looking at LED battery-powered lanterns that have an output of 500-1000 lumens. This will be primarily used for cooking/eating dinner, hanging out with buddies, and reading maps. The price range is $25-$50 per lantern. I found excellent and enjoyable backyard lanterns. Has anyone used them and can write me a review about them?

Last edited:

Titan

WKR
It really depends on your complete set up and ability to either carry fuel, batteries, or recharge batteries.

With small power stations becoming more affordable, this might be the way to go. You can run any LED you like and it could power them for a week. Recharge times have dropped considerably with some units (30 min or 80%).

WesCAtoll

Lil-Rokslider
If you're driving in why not just use a Milwaukee or Dewalt 18/20v work light? You can get lanterns to standing tripods

Anything that runs on 18650 lithium batteries should do you well

or get the chinesium ones from olight

Just came across this thread and am looking to do the same with my wall tent. I’m thinking a few options to have multiple ways for power.

Coleman dual fuel (pricey but durable)

Black diamond apollo (rechargeable and AAA/ can also charge a cellphone/electronics)

Goal zero lighthouse 600(rechargeable and can be hand cranked/ also can charge a cellphone)

I love the convenience of the propane lanterns but the cans are pricey and unless I wanna buy an adapter and refill myself from the large tanks they are single use only