Wall Tent Lighting

I just got a 14x16 wall tent and I'm looking for advice on how to get sufficient light for a 10 day hunt. I do not have a generator so I'm looking for something pretty low maintenance and easy to use that puts off enough light. My wife and 3 boys under 6yrs old will be with so I want them to be able to use them without me having to help. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks

GreenNDark Timber

Lil-Rokslider
Coleman lantern hanging from the ridge pole. One propane bottle lasts us almost a week.

yvtjjud.jpg

pw5J1Fl.jpg

OP
C
Thanks for the reply and pictures! So 2 lanterns and 4 bottles should do or 1 lantern and 2 bottles

Thanks

rideold

WKR
Hard to beat a Coleman.....except I bought a Weahterrite LED lantern that runs on 6 D cells 4 or 5 years ago at the hardware store and I have to say it works amazingly well and the batteries last far longer than I expected. It was kind of a back up option to our old white gas Coleman lantern that had started getting temperamental. I don't know if they make them anymore but it looks almost exactly like this one on Amazon (LE LED Lantern). It's kind of nice to have a noise-free light....not that your tent will be noise free with the whole family :). I've never really timed the battery life but I wouldn't be surprised if it lasts a week of use if we're talking an hour a day.

BCsteve

WKR
Coleman lantern hanging from the ridge pole. One propane bottle lasts us almost a week.

yvtjjud.jpg

pw5J1Fl.jpg
Same here. A couple green bottles last the whole 7-10 day trip. As mentioned, it’s a little loud but I haven’t found an LED lantern that put out enough light and last long enough to rival the Coleman.

go_deep

WKR
Used propane lanterns for a long time, then my wife bought me an LED lantern. It lasts weeks with good batteries, and is twice as bright as the propane lantern.

Wives and kids spend more time in the tent. For 10 days I’d have 3 bottles. Who cares if you take 1 home. 1 won’t last. Make sure you get the lantern with the ignition button so they don’t have to play with a cigarette lighter.

Luckyrxc

FNG
Go Deep has the right idea. I’m fully converted to LED lanterns. They are available at Monoprice for $15 for a two pack. if I understood you correctly, you want your kids who are under 5 years old to be able to operate the lantern…then these are the ticket. IMO the propane poses A significant danger for the little guys to operate.
batteries Last a long time in these, they are small, bright, and when back in town you can use them at home or put one in each vehicle.
Here https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=40148

Gila

WKR
I strung leds along both walls. A couple of AAA batteries for each one. Good for a night light. I use the Coleman lantern outside. A couple of rechargeable LED lanterns hanging in the tent. I have two heavy duty power packs. One is solar. If the power packs run low, I have two USB ports on the UTV, so I keep things charged that way. I use propane canisters for the camp stove and the outside lantern.

Buy a couple of Luci Lights too. The kids will enjoy them. They don’t get hot or require batteries. They’re light, collapsible, solar led lanterns. My kids dig them. Especially the color changing ones. I use the plain white ones backpack camping.

go_deep

WKR
7hours on high, 50 hours on low. I wouldn't call that weeks.
Buy Lithium batteries. I still have the same batteries in it from last year after about 20 nights of use, and I've used it for 5 night camping this year, so that would be weeks.