Wall Tent Stove + Seek Cimarron

treillw

WKR
I'm thinking about using my Cimarron for car camping, as it's easier to setup than a wall tent for a couple of quick days. I have a big stove that we use in our wall tent. Have any of you ever seen or used a full sized wall tent stove in a seek shelter?

It would be nice to have a larger stove to keep things warm for longer and use real wood, but I don't think the stove pipe will fit through the Seek stove jack with its larger diameter. I believe it's a 5" dia vs 3.5" dia.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yeah, that won't work. Pipe diameter, plus that thing will take up a ton of space. I mean, you could probably sew in a huge stove jack, but then you gotta worry about how hot that nylon material gets.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you can fix the stove question it would work for one as the size of the stove would eat your space for two. I’ve been thinking of things similar as so much quicker for set up for versus wall tent. You done and gone in five minutes versus 25+

sneaky

"DADDY"
Might look at those 4 dog stoves. They burn a long time and are light. Don't take a 5in pipe either I believe

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The jacks on the bigger tipis (12+) are big enough to get 5" pipe through, but I wouldn't recommend it on a Cimarron.

On the stove size issue...bigger stoves won't really hurt anything. If you are inside the tent with the stove going, you won't get the stove hot enough to damage the tent. You'd have to literally cook yourself in order to do that.

Personally I think a Cimarron makes a fine truck camp, especially if you rig up a secondary tarp as an awning for some covered outdoor area if it's raining. I often use a Silex as a truck camp tent just because it's so easy to pitch....when you've got work and kids you're often getting there right at dark, always pushed for time. Easy fast pitching tent means more time sitting around the fire.

Time2fish

Lil-Rokslider
I use my Winnerwell medium in my Cimarron a lot when float camping, or truck camping. it’s also the stove I use in my kodiak canvas 12x12. It has a 2.5” stove pipe. It’s a bit large for the SO, but for those late season trips it warms it up fast.