Wall Tent with No Sod Cloth

Jakerex

WKR
I picked up a real nice wall tent, good mfg, good condition, at an excellent price. Only concern is it doesn’t have any sod cloth or a floor. What are the easiest options for making my own wind barrier at the bottom of the tent? I was thinking of buying a couple cheap tarps and cutting them to about 3ft sections, running it behind the internal frame legs, and under the legs. About 18” out to the floor and 18” up the wall. Can’t really think of anything else that could be a simple makeshift idea. Thoughts? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy tarp for the floor that is about 12" wider and longer than the floor and cut holes where the internal frame legs touch the ground ... extra tarp goes up the sides and rear of the tent to block the wind.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
Buy tarp for the floor that is about 12" wider and longer than the floor and cut holes where the internal frame legs touch the ground ... extra tarp goes up the sides and rear of the tent to block the wind.

That works! Thanks

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
pretty easy to have a sod cloth added and simpler long term. where are you located?

In western PA
I agree that it would be a good add on for the future. Trip is in less than a month, so this year is out.

RO1459

FNG
We had the same issue with our wall tent and solved it with a tarp that was slightly larger than the floor and allowed it to travel up the sides around 12" so if any water got to that area it would run under the tarp and not in the tent. We also dig a small trench around the tent and have never had a problem with water encroachment. We did cut a section out for the stove but we tacked that section down with 8" spikes around the edges. It was an easy fix. Good luck with your hunt.