Wall tents

We use a Montana Canvas 12x14.
Good company but I am biased as they are one town away. We buy their tarps, have boat and rv covers made too. If we get a tear or holes they repair them quick and reasonable.
Same reason I switched to Stone Glacier backpacks, they are made right here so its supporting locals.

sneaky

"DADDY"
You'll never get a burn hole in the roof, if the stovepipe comes out the wall......
False. A) Wind can still blow embers onto the roof, and B) you won't have enough stovepipe inside the tent to radiate enough heat. You'll literally be sending heat outside the tent.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You are right. Kinda/sorta.....

If the wind is strong enough to blow embers from an endwall stovepipe on to the roof, it is also strong enough to blow them right off.......

And there is the same amount of pipe inside the tent in an endwall install (45 degree angle), as there is in a roofjack (vertical) install. Only difference is the adjustable elbow at the stove (and THAT doesn't affect draft). Tell me again, how there is less 'radiate enough heat', when all things are equal? And while you're at it, explain WHY, much less heat is lost up the pipe, when vertical, rather than angled?

Pick your poison.... I'll pick no burnholes in the roof, and easier to tarp, any ol' time.....

Ratfink

FNG
I've pretty much made my decision to go with Davis tent. I'm looking at accommodating 1-4 guys. I was looking at the 14X16 with awning and another pop up tent outside for cooking and whatever else.

My question is to the guys that have the 16X20, do you ever find an awesome spot to camp, but your tent is too big where a 14x16 would've fit? Or not really?

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've pretty much made my decision to go with Davis tent. I'm looking at accommodating 1-4 guys. I was looking at the 14X16 with awning and another pop up tent outside for cooking and whatever else.

My question is to the guys that have the 16X20, do you ever find an awesome spot to camp, but your tent is too big where a 14x16 would've fit? Or not really?
Well, if you're getting the 14x16 with an awning and using a separate tent you're going to be in the same boat looking for a big spot to put it in. I only take my wall tent when I'm truck camping, it's not hard to find spots big enough for the tent to set up. 16x20 is a palace and perfect for 4 guys. If you're by yourself, it'll be a ton of work to set up but the 14x16 will be as well.

Ratfink

FNG
Well, if you're getting the 14x16 with an awning and using a separate tent you're going to be in the same boat looking for a big spot to put it in. I only take my wall tent when I'm truck camping, it's not hard to find spots big enough for the tent to set up. 16x20 is a palace and perfect for 4 guys. If you're by yourself, it'll be a ton of work to set up but the 14x16 will be as well.

Thanks for the feedback. You're right with the awning and pop up tent I will need just as big of a spot. But it might be easier if I was by myself to setup the smaller 14x16 and not need the pop up tent then. just be a little extra snug with 4 of us total in it and make sure to grab the pop up.... sounds like I need to buy more like a 10x12 and have another buddy by a 16x20 haha