Wall tents

Werty

WKR
Not a canvas, cabelas bighorn 12x14, with wood stove. Been running it for 8 years. Like everything it has its plus and minuses. I'd buy it again tomorrow if I had to.

I have a Montana canvas 12x14 with the Montana frame. Great tent for sure and it’s nice when the bad weather sets in. I’ve also been looking at the buck stitch canvas tents for packing on my mules.

I have a Montana canvas 12x14 with the Montana frame. Great tent for sure and it’s nice when the bad weather sets in. I’ve also been looking at the buck stitch canvas tents for packing on my mules.
Curious to this size Montana Canvas tent. Could it fit 2 adults and 3 kids with a stove?

Well I’ve fit 4 adults in it no problem just kind of lined up the cots in the back. That’s with the stove and a table in there.

rbljack

WKR
I think there was a davis 14x16 wall tent listed for sale just the other day. If your in the market for one.....it seemed to be a good deal!

TNHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a 16x20 wall tent from Rich at www.walltentshop.com, based on recommendation from some folks on rockslide... I watched his YouTube videos and made my decision. Tent arrived quickly and it is a well made tent... screen doors and windows excellent... I’ve been very happy with mine... also put a Four Dog stove in the tent... also well made and will last my lifetime . The 16x20 will accommodate 4 men easily... I plan to buy a smaller version soon... Good luck

e24d1d1f2ae142b423524b8c796459e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've had my current 14x16 Davis Tent for 11 years now. It's been set up for almost 400 days over that time and looks pretty darn good for an 11 year old wall tent.
100_4138.JPG

We use Davis tents. By far the best wall tent maker out there. Don't buy any of that Cabela's light weight nylon wall stuff it rips in high winds or heavy snow loads. Canvas all the way. We always use a tarp over the tents to protect better for future years of service. Also if you buy a tarp buy it 10ft longer and it makes a nice awning out in front for the cook or whoever's at camp to sit under outside. Stoves are nice and keep you cozy but I would take along a propane heater so you can turn it on an hour early before you get up to light the fire. We have started using the 12 x12ft teepee tent style with 4ft side walls with floor for just sleeping tents. They are alot warmer and require less time to heat up to get out of the sack. Except for me I always get cold boots cuz I'm the one who gets up and lights everyone's heaters. I guess it's expected haha.

I own 2 Davis tents a 16x20 and a 14x16 I ended up with the 16x20 when the original 14x16 I ordered had a bad roof section I contacted Davis in a panic as it was 2 days before the season, I emailed them photos and had a call back in under 30 min with them saying we are out of that size and the next size in stock was the 16x20 or 10x12i opted for the 16x20 and it’s now my go too!

We use a 16x32 gp medium army tent it’s a palace with 4 guys. we use a liner with it and it works pretty good. Although the roof is not as waterproof as it once was. Next year we will rig a tarp over it to help. 127872127873

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've always said that if I had my recliner and satellite TV up there, I might not come home at all. I tend to come home on weekends to watch college football, then head right back up.

I've always said that if I had my recliner and satellite TV up there, I might not come home at all. I tend to come home on weekends to watch college football, then head right back up.
We were up there this year for archery deer and actually got a decent phone signal for once. So hopefully after the leaves fall it is better

keller

WKR
where are you guys putting the stove jack in a corner or middle of tent?what seems to work the best and why?