Walla Walla Archery Elk Oregon

I’m in the exact same boat with 19 points but archery isn’t really a good option for me. Looking at the season dates, the weather risk for the next few years concerns me.
On a normal unit I wouldn't be too concerned but Walla Walla especially, there isn't much lower ground that is accessible. Lots and lots of private.

I’ve been run out of the high country a few times since I started hunting in there in 1967. This was the worst, people were getting stuck 1/2 mile from the end of the pavement. We were camped on top, made it out the night before the season opened. Easy for us, we live between Elgin and La grande. We found elk on morning two on Hancock Timber ground. Got our spikes but I sure felt bad for the guys with the any bull tag. Most years snow is a non issue but it might be worth looking at Wenaha. There is plenty of ground there if it gets too deep on top.

go Beavs

Rogue Bay

WKR
I’ve been run out of the high country a few times since I started hunting in there in 1967. This was the worst, people were getting stuck 1/2 mile from the end of the pavement. We were camped on top, made it out the night before the season opened. Easy for us, we live between Elgin and La grande. We found elk on morning two on Hancock Timber ground. Got our spikes but I sure felt bad for the guys with the any bull tag. Most years snow is a non issue but it might be worth looking at Wenaha. There is plenty of ground there if it gets too deep on top.

go Beavs
I appreciate the suggestion. I don’t know a whole lot about Wenaha but will definitely do some research.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help. I did not fill my tag but had an awesome hunt. It seemed to be an off year for whatever reason. Passed on 8-9 bulls with the biggest being around 330-320 range was hoping for a little bit bigger and I did have my chance but shot just over his back. Was on some big bulls and some other hunters were able to seal the deal using multiple callers which seemed to be key. If I had a do over I would make sure I had a caller. I believe I did a good job throwing my calls and getting bulls in my lap but nonetheless a caller would have helped on the biggest of the bulls. Got awesome video and pics of most of my encounters View attachment 478286View attachment 478287View attachment 478295View attachment 478295
I recognize the bull in the trail cam photo he was killed during archery hunt