Want to try Hornady A-Tips

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
I wanted to try some of the Hornady A-Tips but I have RCBS dies. Do I have to buy a seating stem and Hornady Custom Dies to try the A-Tips? I also read that these Tips don't make much difference until you're shooting at least 900-1000 yards. Can anyone answer my question and have thoughts on shooting A-Tips?

Can’t vouch for the dies. But my VLD seating insert in my Redding dies worked with the 230gr a tips. And I would agree with that statement about not coming into effect until beyond 1000yds. That is where the BC if the bullet is going to start taking over and show itself, before that it’s more of a velocity game. Around 800yds and beyond the velocity/BC crossover starts happening. The uniformity is the bullets may yield more consistent results at closer ranges as well, something to think about.

JC Steel

FNG
The vld stems will work.
i love the Hornady ATIPs. The bullet is very consistent. And that translates to great accuracy and consistency down range.

The vld stems will work.
i love the Hornady ATIPs. The bullet is very consistent. And that translates to great accuracy and consistency down range.

Jake, any word on BCs for the .284 and .338 A Tips or at least when hornady thinks they will be released?