WANTED hunting partner for a 2023 Kodiak Island Alaska black tail hunt

Metzger

FNG
I am looking for a hunting partner for a 2023 Kodiak Island Alaska black tail hunt. Would prefer to fly in and camp rather than do a boat based hunt. Reach out to me to talk more.

I have been there before on this hunt… do not go alone, and make sure your partner is up to the task. That being said, I might be interested but it would be more like you joining a party of three to make it four. PM me if you’re interested.

royowens

FNG
That's the last place you would want to find out if your partner is capapable of a hunt like that... your safety may depend on it. Ed F
Absolutely a must to have a very knowledgeable partner. I lived on Kodiak Island and hunted all over including Afognek and Raspberry Islands for deer and elk. You definitely need to be prepared for what could be the most challenging hunt of your life. The weather can be brutal and the terrain is physically demanding with very dense brush. Good luck

I am looking for a hunting partner for a 2023 Kodiak Island Alaska black tail hunt. Would prefer to fly in and camp rather than do a boat based hunt. Reach out to me to talk more.
I wish that is a dream hunt of mine

Kezele

FNG
Ever thought of alpine hunting black bear outside cordova ak? I have bean there and want to go back and need a partner. Lmk

Falcon

Lil-Rokslider
Just off a 6 day boat based hunt a week ago. There’s no way I would do a camp hunt in nov. Hopefully this short video will show how the wind rules that island😬

Didnt see the video we where there late october/early nov and had 30-40 mph winds during the day and 65 mph gusts at night. Best bring the best tent you got. I dont mind the wind, keeps the boat hunters stuck in the protected bays.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Knowing that this doesn’t help your search for a hunting partner, I will say this. I’ve spent close to 150 days on remote/fly out hunts on Kodiak over the last 30 years, with my longest solo hunt being 14 days. That hunt was maybe one of the best hunting experiences I’ve ever had. The last 6 days of that hunt was truly miserable, with the remanence of a typhoon that moved through and brought tons of rain (over 6” in one 24 hour period), and very heavy winds. I think a person can learn a lot about themselves when having to deal with some adversities while on their own, and I wouldn’t have traded that hunt for any other one I’ve ever done. Kodiak can be a pretty inhospitable place at times, and I think it’s imperative to have good gear, especially if you’re remote and there’s no way of getting out if the weather gets bad. That said, if you feel comfortable with your ability’s and you have the appropriate gear, I don’t think there’s any reason not to consider a solo hunt down there. People do it all the time, and they’re still around to tell about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hyak55171

FNG
Not sure how to message on here, but I'm looking at hunts there as well

Hopefully you find a partner for next year, I was there the week of Thanksgiving. Such an incredible hunting experience. We did a boat based hunt, we all shot really nice bucks but if I were to do it Alain I would love a hybrid boat trip. Hike in and camp for 1 or two nights then hit a different area. The short daylight hours are tough by the time you hike inland to good hunting grounds its about time to turn around and head for the beach

Kodiak is a blast. As cliche as it sounds it can be as difficult or easy as you want it to be. In your quest for a hunting partner they dont need to be built like Schwarzenegger. Kodiak is also very unforgiving.

cayres67

FNG
Just off a 6 day boat based hunt a week ago. There’s no way I would do a camp hunt in nov. Hopefully this short video will show how the wind rules that island😬
what service did you go with for your hunt? how did it go? looking at doing a boat based hunt and am looking for suggestions.