Wanted to introduce myself, from Eastern West Virginia

Hello everyone, longtime lurker and have gotten a ton of valuable information off here so I decided to finally join. My name is Kyle, I'm 28 years old and from the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. I've hunted my whole life but wasn't really that into when I was growing up. All I ever hunted on was 40 acres my family owned, the hunting was not so great, and I just kind of got burnt out on sitting in the same stand and never seeing anything. After I got out of college I started exploring some local public ground which really got me fired up and since then I've been addicted. Hunting is my lifestyle now, If I'm not in the woods I'm thinking about it. Mostly a whitetail hunter (bow and gun) I've had limited success, killing a handful of small rack bucks and does. I feel like I'm starting to get a lot better at getting on deer now and my woodsmanship has improved tremendously. I'm really hoping to make the leap this year with deer. About 4 years ago I also started spring gobbler hunting, I never thought I'd enjoy something more than deer hunting but it's right up there. I've killed a jake, and 3 long beards since then. I joined with hopes to keep learning and contribute some of my limited knowledge if there's a subject I can help with. I also just wanted to join a community filled with a bunch of passionate hunters like me. I'm in the early stages of planning an elk hunting trip and I know this forum can be a great source of information for that too. Hope everyone has good and safe seasons. If anyone is somewhat local to me, let me know and maybe we can meet up for a beer sometime.

Welcome here. I am also from wv but the southern part of the state. I hunt whitetail and bear with hounds. Do a lot of ginseng hunting as well. Just enjoy being out in the woods rather I kill anything or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
kpshunts91
Welcome here. I am also from wv but the southern part of the state. I hunt whitetail and bear with hounds. Do a lot of ginseng hunting as well. Just enjoy being out in the woods rather I kill anything or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Appreciate it, me and a few buddies have always talked about coming down and trying some of the bow only counties but never have. You all have some crazy nice bucks down that way.

Wvroach

WKR
I just joined as well, also from WV glad to see a few of us are on here. Western hunting is a world of difference compared to hunting the Appalachian Mtns. We went out to idaho this past year and did pretty well no harvest but we were on elk every day and for 2 first time western hunters i think it was a successful trip. How has your deer season been this year?