Wanting to buy my wife some new hunting arrows.

Rodmor80

FNG
As the title says I'm wanting to buy some new arrows for my wife, and would like some suggestions that don't totally break the bank. Wanting to be able to give her 6 for her broadheads and 6 that are field points to practice at home with. Her poundage is rising but still in the lower 30# range. Hoping to get her at or near 40# by late August. That being said would the answer to my question stay the same or change when she gets up to 40?
Her stats currently: 5'0, 23dl, 31.4#'s on a Bear Royale. Thanks for all input in advance.
Rodney

OR Archer

WKR
You could do an Axis 500 cut to 25” with 50gr brass and a 100gr head(broadhead should be cut on contact only at her specs). Pretty much any fletch configuration. It’ll tune well and give her a little overall weight to help with penetration but not totally tank what little speed she’s getting out of her specs on that bow.

what will she hunt ? 500 spine Gold tip Velocity would be a good choice to keep her some speed and you could put a heavy head up front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: WCB

sndmn11

WKR
I think you could do a 500 spine left long for her draw weight now, and just trim from the nock end if need be when she gets into the 40s for a draw weight.

sndmn11

WKR
Even at 40# there would be zero need to trim them.
Can't make those shafts grow if there ended up being a need like wanting some point/insert weight when the target draw weight was reached. Options are good when the plan is known to include changes down the road.

I think @KickinNDishin is around 50lbs draw with a ~25"ish shaft shooting a 400 spine.

OP
R

Rodmor80

FNG
You could do an Axis 500 cut to 25” with 50gr brass and a 100gr head(broadhead should be cut on contact only at her specs). Pretty much any fletch configuration. It’ll tune well and give her a little overall weight to help with penetration but not totally tank what little speed she’s getting out of her specs on that bow.
Would I look into the 4mm or 5mm axis 500's?[

OP
R

Rodmor80

FNG
The Easton shaft chart is showing her to be needing a 600 shaft is there an advantage to using a 500 shaft instead. Also I just found Easton doesn't make a 4mm in anything higher than a 400

OR Archer

WKR
5mm Axis. I’d opt for the 500s with the heavier brass insert. If you wanted to stick to the standard inserts then a 600 would suffice

As the title says I'm wanting to buy some new arrows for my wife, and would like some suggestions that don't totally break the bank. Wanting to be able to give her 6 for her broadheads and 6 that are field points to practice at home with. Her poundage is rising but still in the lower 30# range. Hoping to get her at or near 40# by late August. That being said would the answer to my question stay the same or change when she gets up to 40?
Her stats currently: 5'0, 23dl, 31.4#'s on a Bear Royale. Thanks for all input in advance.
Rodney
Black eagle outlaw 70$ per dozen, .005 but probably spin like a .001 by the time u cut them.