Warm tree stand boot!

Looking for the warmest tree stand boot. I would like to stay sub 200 dollar range.
What do you guys recommend ?? I am all over the place with what I want

BowTrout

FNG
I would second the boot blankets. With the boot blankets you don’t have to have the maximum insulation boots you can go 400 to 800 gram insulation and you should stay pretty toasty depending on the area your hunting.

xcutter

WKR
I second the Artic Shield boot covers. Work great with my 400 gram insulated boots. You can even throw a handwarmer in them if more warmth is needed.

RDobrow

FNG
I agree, boot blankets, arctic shieids work well , you can go with 400-600 gram boots. Have used childs sleeping bag to put boots and legs in if you can get wide one. Good luck

ewescue

Lil-Rokslider
The BEST method I have found for absolutely warm feet all day long is this:
walk into stand with uninsulated boots and very thin socks. Once you're at your tree or blind or whatever, or if you're a mobile hunter after you have your stand set up, take your boots off, take those sweat soaked thin socks off, sit there for a minutes to allow your feet to air out. Then put a thick pair of wool socks on, your uninsulated boots on, then those slip on boot covers with a handwarmer dropped into the toe area.

This adds an additional 5 minutes in the morning but my feet have not been cold AT ALL since I started using this exact method.

I’ve given up on relying on boots and socks. Need to have a boot cover like Arctic Shield.

EastMT

WKR
04e9588d5af6a8f82b9a054cc39e7cbc.png

I wore these for years on the north slope. Above 30 deg they get too warm. But down to -40 you won’t have a problem. They are pretty big if you are walking a ways, like a mile or more. Last a long time as well. Removable insides to dry at night is the trick as well, don’t let moisture stay in there.

If the wind doesn’t blow, take to the oars.

My feet get extremely cold during long sits. I purchased the arctic shield boot blankets last year and thought it would solve my problem - they helped but did not keep my feet warm on those long sits (4 hrs +). I wore an 800 gram Danner boot underneath with two handwarmers in each blanket - still got cold. Tried several different types of socks as well but it didn't seem to help. This has been a lifelong problem. I might try changing socks this year like mentioned above, or, maybe just different boots...

sneaky

"DADDY"
Sounds like your feet are getting sweaty on the hike to the stand. No system will fix sweaty feet that cool down after stopping. Only dry socks fix that. I don't even own a pair of insulated boots. I carry boot blankets for cold sits. You don't have Raynauds Syndrome by chance, do you?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you must have boots, look at Whites Pac boots. I wore mine in -40 degree weather and snow and my feet didn't get cold.

DJB

FNG
For all day sits here in Northern MN and the UP of Michigan I use down booties from feathered friends. Over the down booties I will use either boot blankets or artic shield boot insulators depending on how cold it is. If highs are 0F or below its the boot blankets otherwise the artic shield. I walk in with uninsulated or 400 gram insulated boots so my feet don't sweat.

wentright

FNG
I wear lacrosse aero head sport 3.5mm and add the boot blanket when real cold. I hunt in north Missouri and stay comfortable in single digits.

spc7669

Lil-Rokslider
I wear Arctic Shield boot blankets with uninsulated Salomon hikers. So far, that’s been plenty.

mcseal2

WKR
I use Cabelas inferno boots for stand hunting over a wicking liner sock and a Darn Tough wool sock. Also I cut a piece out of an old saddle pad to put between my feet and the ground or metal stand. Its amazing how much that helps.

Dennis

WKR
For all day sits for whitetails in Alberta Canada in late November I found no boots that would keep my feet warm all day. I don't get out of the blind so I find not being able to stand or move around limits the amount of heat I can generate to my feet thus I feel Bluetooth boot heaters are a good answer. Chemical heaters can also work to some degree, but I found they needed changed out about mid-day and give off moisture.

The best boot system I found is Cabela's Trans-Alaskan boots ($199) with silk and wool socks and ThermaCELL blue tooth heated insoles. I typically don't need any heat until mid morning and use them off and on throughout the day. I use their phone app to control each insole and the temperature. I use a foam pad under my boots for additional insulation and quietness. The ThermaCELL hand and body warmers also help to keep the rest of me comfortable for long days.

I think you might try the ThermaCell boot heaters in your current boots to start with. Good luck,

I have never had success with the Artic shields. I have tried the biggest size they make and have real troubles getting them on especially sitting in a treestand. It could be that I have wide feet which makes it difficult to get on.

I cut out a piece of neoprene and put in to the stand and that does help. I have also gone to a thinner sock to get more airspace in the boot which also helps.