Warmest Hoodie/Pullover

rustneversleeps

Lil-Rokslider
I've been trying to find a stand-alone hoodie for ice fishing and general glassing/stationary. I'd like to be able to wear it under my bibs and not use a jacket most of the time. Does anyone have any experience/ideas on what the warmest hoodie/pullover they have used is? I'm a big fan of the waffle fleece...wish Sitka had a Heavier Heavyweight Hoodie.

I kinda like this one, but not a huge LL Bean fan...

Any ideas? I'm all ears. Thanks

OP
rustneversleeps

rustneversleeps

Lil-Rokslider
Duckworth Powder Hoody is an absolute furnace, I cannot wear it on the move without overheating.
Looks like they are out of stock, but will keep my eye open when they come back. I'm guessing I probably missed a black friday deal on those. Thanks for the idea

Something Sherpa lined.

i am a fan of carhartt rockland Sherpa hoodie and Akron hat. Both Sherpa lined and super warm. They don’t cut wind but for cold where wind isn’t as much of an issue, I love them.

take a look at the Sitka traverse hoodie. It is Sherpa lined with a somewhat wind resistant outer. I love mine.

I own a bean jacket made of that waffle stuff. Not Sherpa lined. It breathes nice. Durability is pretty good but it is cotton so doesn’t block wind and absorbs waters.

OP
rustneversleeps

rustneversleeps

Lil-Rokslider
Something Sherpa lined.

i am a fan of carhartt rockland Sherpa hoodie and Akron hat. Both Sherpa lined and super warm. They don’t cut wind but for cold where wind isn’t as much of an issue, I love them.

take a look at the Sitka traverse hoodie. It is Sherpa lined with a somewhat wind resistant outer. I love mine.

I own a bean jacket made of that waffle stuff. Not Sherpa lined. It breathes nice. Durability is pretty good but it is cotton so doesn’t block wind and absorbs waters.
Thanks for the ideas man - I'm trying to find one minus the zipper. Wish carhartt made a pullover sherpa lined hoodie.

Thanks for the ideas man - I'm trying to find one minus the zipper. Wish carhartt made a pullover sherpa lined hoodie.
Nto sure I have seen a pullover. Love Sherpa lined when static but they heat up fast when I exert. I actually find the zipper necessary to dump heat on the move. I will unzip my Sitka traverse hoodie before I start to walk and can usually keep sweating to a tolerable level While moving.

Nick87

Lil-Rokslider
Cabelas wooltimate pullover. Wind proof, warm and comfy. I use it while ice fishing and it's warm.

Kostrize

WKR
Sitka Gradient Hoody if you don’t want a full length zipper. Same material and sherpa lining as the Traverse, which is the warmest fleece I’ve found

The Kuiu 260/280 is a great piece for layering and busting brush

Patagonia R2 Techface for an all around warmer mid/outer layer hybrid