Warmest puffy

Jmort1754

WKR
Hey guys I'm looking for a warm puffy jacket to wear around town.

I wear 3x so finding them is difficult.
I have the Sitka gore WS Basically for strictly hunting late season.

In your opinion what is the warmest it does not have to have camouflage but preferably would like a little bit of wind block or water repellent.

jhm2023

WKR
No experience with it as its new, but Kuiu just released the burner jacket. Seems to fit what you want. I think one is about to find its way to my house for winter hunting and snowmachine use.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
No experience with it as its new, but Kuiu just released the burner jacket. Seems to fit what you want. I think one is about to find its way to my house for winter hunting and snowmachine use.

Isn’t it like $800? Lmao, pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhm2023

WKR
Isn’t it like $800? Lmao, pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea it's a bit spendy but more appealing when there are some rewards to be redeemed. Really not that bad though considering the amount of 850+ down and a fully seam taped waterproof membrane vs just dwr. I certainly wouldn't consider it if I didn't spend as much time as I do out and about during the winter in interior Alaska either.

TomJoad

WKR

Waterproof, Warmer than the Kuiu and 300 cheaper. They regularly do sales as well
Didn’t they just release it this week? Have you already bought and tested it?

“temp ratings” don’t mean anything. For most companies they are survival ratings (keep you alive for x hours) but in all circumstances should be taken with a grain of salt.

That Kuiu coat is box baffled, just like all high end mountaineering sleeping bags which I’ve seen on very few down jackets. I’m sure that EB coat is warm but based on material construction and fill I don’t think it would best it.

FWIW my warmest puffy is a 900 fill count mtn hardware. They don’t make 3x so that’s not going to help you. The warmest puffy I’ve ever worn but don’t own is hands down The North Face summit series expedition parka honestly so warm it’s hard to stay inside of. At $1000 it is peerless on build but does cost. Only 2X there as well 🤷‍♂️

Kostrize

WKR
Didn’t they just release it this week? Have you already bought and tested it?

“temp ratings” don’t mean anything. For most companies they are survival ratings (keep you alive for x hours) but in all circumstances should be taken with a grain of salt.

That Kuiu coat is box baffled, just like all high end mountaineering sleeping bags which I’ve seen on very few down jackets. I’m sure that EB coat is warm but based on material construction and fill I don’t think it would best it.

FWIW my warmest puffy is a 900 fill count mtn hardware. They don’t make 3x so that’s not going to help you. The warmest puffy I’ve ever worn but don’t own is hands down The North Face summit series expedition parka honestly so warm it’s hard to stay inside of. At $1000 it is peerless on build but does cost. Only 2X there as well

No I haven’t tried the Kuiu. Looking at specs, the EB should be warmer though

In a medium, the Kuiu Burner parka has 8.3 oz of 850fp. The EB parka has 11.1 oz of 800fp. They are both box baffled. The EB is 14 oz heavier overall though. Either are likely overkill/too expensive, just offering another option. Looks like the EB isn’t available in 3X though so my bad