Warning about a Mathews Archery Scam site that is (almost) a duplicate site

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
The scam site is Mathewsincs.com--there is the letter s after inc. The correct site is Mathewsinc.com ---no s after the inc

I sent off a question unknowingly to the scam site and they responded twice very quickly today (which was the first clue given it is a holiday) with very poor English.

Pay close attention as the scam site looks legit at first glance.

Sadly you cannot let your guard down when online. If you know of other websites that might benefit from this warning please post up there.

Scams are thick on the internet. I received an email from my Outfitter, or so I thought. His email address has his name in it, which ends in "er". The scam email had the identical email address, except the name in it ended in "ar". Looked legit enough. They said they had an opening at their Ranch for a Bull elk hunt, but I had to act quickly by sending them a $5000 deposit by wire or ACH transfer, and provided the address to wire it to. I responded to the email and said "I will mail you a check", and they replied "Oh no, our bank has been having scammers steal from our bank account, so we can only accept wire transfer or ACH transfer". The outfitter was well aware of the scam, and had reported them to several different LE Agencies, and an investigation was in progress. He also told me that everyone in his mail list had received the email.
At the bottom of his contracts he now adds "Due to Cyber theft, we will never ask you to wire transfer money. Don't become a victim".

Last edited:

OMF

Lil-Rokslider
Oh the things people do to steal your money. And oh the things people fall for.

Thank you for the post!