Warranties

I am in the market for some new binos. I am actually hoping to pick up a set of used glass. Now I know of the Vortex and Maven warranty but was wondering what the other brands had for warranties. Looking used I am especially wondering what brands have transferable warranties. If you know of the warranties (or lack of) of any brands please post them up. I think this would be a good sticky but thats just me. I will add to this as I have time.

Vortex: Our VIP warranty is about you, not us. It's about taking care of you after the sale.
VIP stands for a Very Important Promise to you, our customer. We will repair or replace your Vortex product in the event it becomes damaged or defective—at no charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition.
You see, it doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it. You can count on the VIP Warranty for all Vortex Optics riflescopes, prism scopes, red dots, rangefinders, binoculars, spotting scopes, tripods, and monoculars.
Unlimited Lifetime Warranty
Fully transferable
No warranty card to fill out
No receipt needed to hang on to
If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you.

Maven: Maven binoculars are made with a commitment to you, our customer. All Maven binoculars come with an unconditional life-time warranty. If your binocular becomes damaged or is at all defective, contact us immediately for repair or replacement. We don’t care where or when you bought it or if it was your fault or not – if it says Maven, we will take care of it. Transferable.

Last edited:

twall13

WKR
Great thread idea. My input will be limited as throughout the next year I'm finally looking to upgrade to some quality optics. While it's probably not as helpful since they are lower end optics, I do know that Nikon now has a lifetime warranty on optics without electronic components but it is for the original purchaser only, non transferable. I used mine last year to fix some cracked eye cups on my Monarchs. The warranty process was fast and painless. I had my Binos back about 2 weeks from the day I put them in the mail. I can't say the same for my Benelli Supernova which took closer to 3 months, but that's another story... Here is the link to the Nikon Warranty.

OP
MuleyFever
Swarovski: SWAROVSKI OPTIK
offers a lifetime warranty on the optical system of our products for products purchased by US
residents from an authorized SWAROVSKI OPTIK North American dealer. Once examined, if it is
determined that the optical system is defective we will repair or replace the instrument or defective
part. SWAROVSKI OPTIK warrants all other parts of the instrument for ten years from date of
purchase against defects in materials or workmanship, subject to normal use. All electronic
components are warranted for two years against defects in materials and workmanship, subject to
normal use, from date of purchase. All non-optical products (i.e. accessories, tripods etc.) are
warranted for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is void if damage results from
unauthorized repairs, accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, neglect, fire, flood or other acts of God.

It doest say anything about transferable and the part about void if damaged from accident, misuse or abuse could cause problems.

OP
MuleyFever
Leica Lifetime Sport Optics Protection Plan

Leica Camera Inc. (USA), warranties all Leica compact and full-sized Ultravid and Trinovid binoculars, Leica Televid Spotting Scopes and eyepieces, and Leica Duovid series binoculars, under its Leica Lifetime Sport Optics Protection Plan. The Leica Lifetime Sport Optics Protection Plan provides protection against manufacturer defects, functional failures, or any accidental damage to the product, including breakage, water damage, or any accident, excluding fire, theft, mysterious disappearance, deliberate damage, or any occurrence for which other insurance protection is in force. Leica Lifetime Sport Optics Protection Plan is not extended to accessories such as straps, cases, lens caps, for covered products. Specifically excluded from this warranty are Leica Geovid and Leica LRF RangeMasters or future products incorporating electronic components. By returning the product to Leica (including the piece with the identifying serial number) with a check for $35 for shipping and handling, Leica will repair or replace the product at no charge during the lifetime of the original purchaser, following acknowledgement of registration by Leica Camera, Inc. (USA).

Looks like a no fault warranty but it is not transferable.

boom

WKR
vortex. sick warranty.

i got HOSED on archeryTALK. some guy sold me a rangefinder. a nikon. work was crazy, so i didnt get a chance to open the box for a few weeks. when i did open it, they didnt work. i asked for a refund and got blasted. whatever.

i then did the smart thing..i hung it out there and bought used vortex. they were not accurate. i sent them in, and they cleaned them and verified them. clean bill of health. i still felt they were not that accurate. i am a civil engineer with killer survey equipment. verifying rangefinder accuracy is within my wheelhouse. i sent them in..and lo and behold..i got a new pair. vortex has a solid warranty.

WRO

WKR
vortex. sick warranty.

i got HOSED on archeryTALK. some guy sold me a rangefinder. a nikon. work was crazy, so i didnt get a chance to open the box for a few weeks. when i did open it, they didnt work. i asked for a refund and got blasted. whatever.

i then did the smart thing..i hung it out there and bought used vortex. they were not accurate. i sent them in, and they cleaned them and verified them. clean bill of health. i still felt they were not that accurate. i am a civil engineer with killer survey equipment. verifying rangefinder accuracy is within my wheelhouse. i sent them in..and lo and behold..i got a new pair. vortex has a solid warranty.
In testing, the only consitient range finders I've found are made in Germany.

Every other brand is different.

OP
MuleyFever
So I just learned that the warranty for the Cabelas Euro HD binoculars is not transferable.

OP
MuleyFever
Meopta: Your Meopta sports optic product is covered by a 30 Year Transferable Warranty. If for any reason your product should have a material or workmanship defect, Meopta - optika, s.r.o. will, at its discretion either repair or replace your product free of charge.*

In order to qualify for the Meopta Transferable Warranty, customers must register their Meopta sports optic products within 30 days of purchase. Registration is available either online at www.meoptasportsoptics.com or by completing the enclosed mail-in registration form (hereinafter the “proper registration”).

Without proper registration, a Standard Warranty valid for 10 years from the purchase date is applied.

twall13

WKR
I just wanted to give a quick shout out on the Vortex Warranty as well. On a recent trip to the range I had bumped my rifle pretty good. More specifically, the scope turret cap. After testing the zero, I found i was about 8 inches right at 200 yards so I tried to unscrew the windage turret to make the adjustment and because I had bumped it and dinged the cap, with the added fact that I have a tendency to over tighten things, instead of unscrewing the turret cap, I ended up taking the entire turret out of the scope. This was a Thursday night. I had a hunt coming in one week. I figured I'd test out the much praised Vortex warranty and if they couldn't get my scope fixed in time I'd just put a different scope on and deal with it later. I called them up Friday morning and explained my situation. They said I'd need to mail the scope in to replace the turret and re-purge the scope. They said they would match my shipping speed to get it back to me in time for my hunt. I overnighted it on Friday, they received it, fixed it, and shipped it back all on Monday. It was delivered Tuesday and I was back in business before my hunt where I was able to take a decent 4 point mule deer. I came away pretty impressed with how quickly they turned the thing around for me, especially where it was pretty much my fault the turret cap was stuck. Anyway, just thought I'd share here since this is a warranty thread and I always feel real world examples of how warranties are honored matters even more than what companies claim they will do.