Was leaving the hunt worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang!! Thanks for sharing that link. I never read that before. Fascinating. Quite the ending also!

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk
Dang is right! I clicked that link this morning….. big mistake, haha…..read the whole thing in between some chores, grabbing lunch, & watching UGA & Clemson play on two different sports networks. Whew!

Last edited:
OP
tntrker

tntrker

WKR
I just want to say one more thing on this. There has been members giving me kudos about taking the high road on alot of ribbing about this post. In fact, it’s been easy to roll with it mostly because for every rib given, there has been private offers for hunts, recommendations, even invites to normally private family hunts for now or future hunts. The members on here are unlike others and it’s why Rokslide is Rokslide. Thanks again to all you with your private offers, encouragement, and advice. Thanks for all the humor,advice, and encouragement given publicly as well. Now get out there, enjoy your hunts!

grfox92

WKR
I just want to say one more thing on this. There has been members giving me kudos about taking the high road on alot of ribbing about this post. In fact, it’s been easy to roll with it mostly because for every rib given, there has been private offers for hunts, recommendations, even invites to normally private family hunts for now or future hunts. The members on here are unlike others and it’s why Rokslide is Rokslide. Thanks again to all you with your private offers, encouragement, and advice. Thanks for all the humor,advice, and encouragement given publicly as well. Now get out there, enjoy your hunts!
That's great to hear. I support your decision.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

polemtn

FNG
With the price of fuel, feed, etc.. these days there are probably quite a few ranchers eating ramen.

JVS

Lil-Rokslider
Man thats a tough one
I would have been more pissed that the guide-cook couldn't call!
I would have given the owner a heads up that $hit better get corrected real quick the following day.
Then hunted that next morning and see what kind of effort he put forward to make things right.
On the bright side if this is public you know where to get into them next fall!

wysongdog

WKR
Bulls are bugling dang near in camp???? You couldn’t drag me away, eat bugs and grass go kill a elk and eat heart and blackstrap. Being hungry makes you a better killer.

OP
tntrker

tntrker

WKR
A lot of you seem willing to pay $10k for a McMuffin and a place where you can hear elk bugling. Ill gladly scout out a place where I can hear elk and sell it for $10k. I’ll throw in the breakfast sandwich of your choice and 4 packs of Ramen too.
Dang right, It's public land so $5,000 and you can have the cordinates and pack back there what ever you want to eat.. At lease 5 bulls ready and willing...3 bulls seen( 2 6x6 & 1 5x5) , at least 2 others in oppisite direction as those seen.. :ROFLMAO::geek:

A lot of you seem willing to pay $10k for a McMuffin and a place where you can hear elk bugling. Ill gladly scout out a place where I can hear elk and sell it for $10k. I’ll throw in the breakfast sandwich of your choice and 4 packs of Ramen too.
Your talking Monopoly money, right.

Pay a guide $10,000 and you get a cook who doesn’t know how to call elk as a guide and ramen and egg McMuffins.

Screw that. I don’t blame you one bit for leaving. I pay a MFer $10,000, he better know how to call and I’m expecting ribeyes and lap dances.
I wouldn't be overly upset at the food situation - it is what it is, especially if I don't have to worry about it.

The shitty camp and not being able to call/broken commitments otherwise? Yeah for $10k I'm expecting cozy wall tent camp and having a guide who knows what's up.

I know a place in NM where you can get on lots of bulls on private, stay in a 5 star lodge and eat like a king for 10k, so I totally get you leaving.

And eff that guy thinking he could get away with it.
Know any places I can get on lots of bulls on private, stay in a run-down single-wide and eat ramen and McGriddles (mcmuffins are yucky) for like 3k?

Sorry if I missed it, but what happened to the tag? Was it provided by the outfitter? I'm assuming the OP burned it, and he'll have to draw it again to go hunting again. I assume he just can't automatically get another next year.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Sorry if I missed it, but what happened to the tag? Was it provided by the outfitter? I'm assuming the OP burned it, and he'll have to draw it again to go hunting again. I assume he just can't automatically get another next year.
Montana tags are not provided by outfitters...they are issued to the hunter, and are good all season long. The majority of the state can be hunted on the general tag. OP can go back with a rifle if he wants to later this year and punch his tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.