Wasatch elk and wasatch east deer tag.

So I got lucky and drew the Wasatch archery elk tag and Wasatch east deer tag. I have hunted the south slope vernal/yellowstone the last 3 years and have come to know that area very well. I have never been to the Wasatch unit and have no clue where to start. I have about 12 trail cams i am going to put out memorial weekend and hike my butt off to learn the land. Having to take then down July 31st will hamper my fully learning the area. Any input on where to start in the unit would be greatly appreciated. Elk takes priority over deer. I can share info on the south slope unit, or I go fishing in Alaska every year in early August and have halibut or salmon. I still have some from last year or this year's when I go. I'm willing to put in the work and energy just need a general starting direction. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Sled

WKR
i also have not hunted wasatch east, favoring south slope or wasatch west due to proximity. i've seen some nice elk pulled off of there online. you might try utah wildlife network for more info.