Wash your GORE TEX clothing, and dry it in the dryer!

Cdroot89

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for sharing this video. Now I have to find some of my “worn out” gortex gear and see if I can resurrect it. I have been washing by hand with the nikwax and it never really seems to bring it back to life.

This works great for Goretex and it works 10,000x as great for eVent. It’s like getting a new jacket every single time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just washed my simms jacket today, which has Gore-Tex. I was reading the tag and it says right on there to tumble dry low, and then put it back in for another 20 min after the first cycle to re-activate the Gore.

Poser

WKR
Anyone confirm the same applies to Toray?

Biggest issue long term are taped seams falling apart in the dryer.

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
I worked for North Face and the amount of people that would look at us like we had 3 heads when we told them to dry it was crazy. Great info to post.

Brendan

WKR
I remember listening to Barklow from Sitka about this on a podcast. He also said oils from your skin, dirt, bug spray do WAY more damage to the garment (and reduce it's effectiveness) than washing ever would.

tdot

WKR
Wash it lots and dry it hot.

Something Goretex used to say all the time. Though the amount of heat that's safe to use has decreased with the thermoset applied details on some garments.