Washington 49 Degree North Questions, Tips

llively41

FNG
I drew a Washington spring bear tag for 49 it was my third choice and i didn't really expect to draw it but i did and
Im not complaining. I just want to put some feelers out there on the unit and see if anyone has drawn this on this forum and were they successful?If so What are your tips if you have any?

I also drew 49 degrees north as my second choice. I've never hunted that far east. The Hunt Washington forum has some information and threads. Im just using Google Earth to find areas and also purchased a diy map from bearpaw outfitters, bearpaw is also the owner of the hunt Wa forum. Good luck bud

OP
L

llively41

FNG
Thats a good bear I was out yesterday kinda scouting around for spot and stumbled on this

Attachments

• IMG_2162 (1).jpg
    IMG_2162 (1).jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 55
OP
L

llively41

FNG
I also drew 49 degrees north as my second choice. I've never hunted that far east. The Hunt Washington forum has some information and threads. Im just using Google Earth to find areas and also purchased a diy map from bearpaw outfitters, bearpaw is also the owner of the hunt Wa forum. Good luck bud
Whats his Diy map 495? I just dont know if I wanna spend that

That's a dandy,
Whats his Diy map 495? I just dont know if I wanna spend that
Ya the map is pretty spendy, i justified it because of the fuel and time I have to spend getting over there. Also with the snow melt I understand the roads and areas aren't accessible until mid may/ early June.
Talking to bear paw the map is actually good coordinates from Google Earth for areas that he has pre scouted. From my understanding they aren't exact coordinates for a specific meadow but more of a general area to access.

A friend of mine shot a 7 footer off of his deck with a 45 a couple of years ago in the area.
big bears there. When i mean off of his deck, there is a hole in a screen window and the bear was on his deck.

hikenhunt

WKR
That's a great looking bear! Unfortunately the OP probably won't get the opportunity this year. I'm guessing they will close the whole season