Washington coastal blacktail

IMG_2546.jpg my October rut buck, made a change this year and decided to hunt gun season with bow so I could hunt the rut. It worked out this guy came in chasing a doe and I smoked him at 13 yards.

Raghornklr

Lil-Rokslider
I should have clarified I meant toward the end of early season. Seems the rut activity goes really hard leading up to Halloween. Dandy tho 👍

OP
C
Ya Halloween here to, I'm done hunting these blacktail in September it's all about the rut now. Every year I see no bucks until middle of October then they just pop out of the wood work , it would just kill me not being in the woods. We don't have a blacktail archery rut hunt here in Washington so modern tag with bow it is.

scho0558

FNG
Nicely done! Still working on my first one. In the same mind frame as some of you, been hunting bow season and leaning towards gun season next year.

Michael Pawul

Lil-Rokslider
Same plan for me this year. I got close to too many bucks in October with no rifle tag. Crossing my fingers for a multi-season draw, but if not it's Modern for me!

Baker5150

FNG
Put in for the Multi season tag if you can swing the cash. Makes for a long season with more opportunity.