Washington Elk

I guess I’m the exception. I moved to eastern Idaho (absolute god’s country) from western WA, after living there my entire 41 years and will be returning yearly for elk. I love my coastal rosies.

Archer86

WKR
I guess I’m the exception. I moved to eastern Idaho (absolute god’s country) from western WA, after living there my entire 41 years and will be returning yearly for elk. I love my coastal rosies.
I am right there with you I moved to wyoming after 37 years in western washington and always looked forward to hunting elk in the coastal rain forest one of the more underrated hunts in my opinion.

landis07

FNG
Lots of calves no limpers and some decent bulls !! And tons of mosquitoes gotta love the coast !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRD1911

WKR
Been fun so far. Been taking out since he was 6 months old but this is his first year navigating (8 years old amd with a compass) and his camp job is making sure all our water is topped and treated. Mosquitos are no joke this year though. The boys arms make him look homeless now

BadSmerf

FNG
Hey guys. Parked the boat last weekend. First priority is to fill my daughter's doe tag on the East side. Next, more scouting and kill another bull on the west side.

I have a question... Some guys have said they hunt the timber hard. I've never understood how they do it? Where I hunt is steep and difficult to traverse with lots of tall reprod. Last year I saw 60+ elk but no shooters during modern rifle. I've read big bulls hang out by themselves that time of year, has anyone seen that hunting rosies?

Hey guys. Parked the boat last weekend. First priority is to fill my daughter's doe tag on the East side. Next, more scouting and kill another bull on the west side.

I have a question... Some guys have said they hunt the timber hard. I've never understood how they do it? Where I hunt is steep and difficult to traverse with lots of tall reprod. Last year I saw 60+ elk but no shooters during modern rifle. I've read big bulls hang out by themselves that time of year, has anyone seen that hunting rosies?
I've seen it, once the rifle season rolls around the mature bulls will be in their sanctuary areas. Those sanctuary areas from my experience tend to be some of the nastiest places to get into but it is where a single bull has found a small area he can consistently get feed. I also noticed that these lone bulls will use the same sanctuary sites for consecutive years. For raghorns you might still find them with the herds if they haven't been killed yet or in small groups.