Washington Pheasant

Hey guys, anybody hunt pheasant in Washington? I’ve read up on the release sites here on the west side but havent found much else. Not opposed to driving east!

I don’t have a dog…..yet. We got a lab puppy but she won’t be ready to hunt this season.

Not looking for your spot, just to talk pheasant hunting in the NW.

Wrench

WKR
We kill a lot of wild roosters on public land on the east side. Release sites are typically crowded and the birds are tame. Wild birds without a dog will be a combination of luck and determination, expect low results....with a dog, we've killed limits on every day right through the closer.

OP
Old_Norther
We kill a lot of wild roosters on public land on the east side. Release sites are typically crowded and the birds are tame. Wild birds without a dog will be a combination of luck and determination, expect low results....with a dog, we've killed limits on every day right through the closer.
Love to see this! Ive hunted wild roosters off dogs in South Dakota and that is all time. We have also hunted planted birds on a farm off the dogs and you definitely notice the difference. Some cases you have to pull the bird out of the dogs mouth, stick back in the grass and try again! Not the same. Dogs belonged to a family member, this black lab pup will be my first go at training a gun dog, so we will see how that goes....