Washington state bans recreational fishing until April 8th

BuzzH

WKR
The closure is until April 8, 2020...not forever.

They've closed hunting seasons in Montana for wildfire danger. Nobody lost their chit.

WA is closing fishing for the next 12 days to slow down a pandemic and people are absolutely losing their chit.

SMH...

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm retired and fish all the time, but families need a healthy activity they can all do together that doesn't involve being around other people.

Yep. Our governor was on last night and said "Driving 2 hours to a park or place to recreate is NOT acceptable under our Stay at Home order, with the provision for exercising".

Why the heck not?????? If we're in our cars driving........who the heck is within 6 feet of us???? And if I'm going fishing, I don't expect anyone to be within a mile of me, let alone 6 feet of me.

Vandy321

WKR
Yep. Our governor was on last night and said "Driving 2 hours to a park or place to recreate is NOT acceptable under our Stay at Home order, with the provision for exercising".

Why the heck not?????? If we're in our cars driving........who the heck is within 6 feet of us???? And if I'm going fishing, I don't expect anyone to be within a mile of me, let alone 6 feet of me.

Hey, but the pot shops are open, because CO governor cares more about tax dollars than he does public safety.

Ratbeetle

WKR
This situation gets more ridiculous with each day.

The town my family lives in added golf courses to the essential businesses list so the aldermen could still have their play dates.

Oregon

WKR
me too. fish mornings and hunt afternoons ;)

should be a few summers mixing in too

WOULD of been my plan, but for the first time ever I didn’t draw my Spring bear. Not sure what to think about that, especially knowing 50% of those folks who drew won’t even hunt.
Laid off work til at least end of April. I am super bummed!

Oregon

WKR
I just hope the churches are beautifully packed by Easter...

Glad he at least gave a possible date. I liked hearing that instead of, just stay home, and we’ll let you know in the future when you can go somewhere.
Buzzh, when they lift the restrictions, you always have the choice as an American to stay home and continue your own self imposed ban on life.

BuzzH

WKR
Glad he at least gave a possible date. I liked hearing that instead of, just stay home, and we’ll let you know in the future when you can go somewhere.

You like having an arbitrary date to pack churches (a possible date), but not a fishing closure that extends to April 8 (a possible date)...OK.

Makes sense, unless you think about it.

What I like hearing from someone leading, is a solid plan, based on facts, science, and truth...not fortune telling from Madame Cleo...

Last edited:

Elk97

WKR

They've closed hunting seasons in Montana for wildfire danger. Nobody lost their chit.

WA is closing fishing for the next 12 days to slow down a pandemic and people are absolutely losing their chit.

SMH...
Inslee isn't going to re-open fishing, that's just silly talk. You're from WY, your governor didn't run for President on a save the planet, global warming platform so I can understand your confusion in thinking you can believe him. Unfortunately, WA isn't going to see any big improvement in cases/deaths by April 8 (it will probably be much worse) to warrant lifting any lockdown restrictions, and keeping me from going out in my boat and fishing isn't going to make any difference.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
What I like hearing from someone leading, is a solid plan, based on facts, science, and truth...not fortune telling from Madame Cleo...

Then definitely stay away from the media outlets and also what the rest of the world is doing.....because all they're falling back on is fortune telling.

Diamond K

FNG
Missouri has taken a different approach and waived all resident and non-resident fishing license requirements through April 15. This includes the trout parks. However that can change daily. I am sure it would be different if we has as many cases as Washington.
But for now enjoy the outdoors......at a distance.

EFFECTIVE 3/27/20-4/15/20 - MO FISHING PERMIT WAIVER
In response to COVID-19, sport fishing permits and daily trout tags have been waived from March 27, 2020 through April 15, 2020 for Missouri residents and nonresidents whose fishing privileges are not otherwise suspended. All season dates, methods, and limits will continue to apply and be enforced. Click here for more information. The waiver includes the following permits:
  • Resident and Nonresident Annual Fishing Permits
  • Daily Fishing Permits
  • Trout Permits
  • Daily Trout Tags (required at trout parks)
  • White River Border Lakes Permits (Arkansas will not honor Missouri's waiver during this time frame)

BuzzH

WKR
Inslee isn't going to re-open fishing, that's just silly talk. You're from WY, your governor didn't run for President on a save the planet, global warming platform so I can understand your confusion in thinking you can believe him. Unfortunately, WA isn't going to see any big improvement in cases/deaths by April 8 (it will probably be much worse) to warrant lifting any lockdown restrictions, and keeping me from going out in my boat and fishing isn't going to make any difference.

If I were a betting type, I'd bet that fishing is allowed in WA by April 9 over Trump packing churches by Easter.

wyo2track

Lil-Rokslider
Mothers Day is the better outlook for packing churches. 🙏 My kids are out of school thru April 17th. Still fishing here though its through the ice.

WOULD of been my plan, but for the first time ever I didn’t draw my Spring bear. Not sure what to think about that, especially knowing 50% of those folks who drew won’t even hunt.
Laid off work til at least end of April. I am super bummed!
that sucks! what tag were trying to draw? I agree on most not even hunting the tags, always been that way and the years I have not drawn I felt the same.
I don't like how they are lumping the coast tags, makes me nervous it will be harder to draw in the future, the whole "simplification" thing ODFW is in the process of is not seeming in our best interest.

Oregon

WKR
that sucks! what tag were trying to draw? I agree on most not even hunting the tags, always been that way and the years I have not drawn I felt the same.
I don't like how they are lumping the coast tags, makes me nervous it will be harder to draw in the future, the whole "simplification" thing ODFW is in the process of is not seeming in our best interest.

The new 710a. I always applied for the Wilson/Trask.

The new 710a. I always applied for the Wilson/Trask.
it will be interesting to see the new draw odds after that, Wilson/trask was pretty much a guarantee first choice until this year. not long ago I would draw second choice more than not. that's unfortunate, hopefully you were just really unlucky and not that we only draw every 2 years.

SMH...

The Native Americans haven’t stopped fishing. That is part of the irritation. Sovereign Nation rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk