Washington state bans recreational fishing until April 8th

colersu22

WKR
Update from my neck of the woods. A guy that lives in my neighborhood had been calling and emailing WDFW asking about the closure since we have a private lake and it is stocked by the HOA.

A game warden pulled his address off of his email and license in the system and the warden has been sitting outside one of the parks for the past 3 days in a row. He doesn’t have permission to enter the park so he is just parked next to a no parking sign.

Sanchez

Lil-Rokslider
Oregon has closed the state to hunting and fishing by non residents prompted at least in part because Washington folks were coming south for spring chinook in the Willamette, resident fish in the Columbia, and razor clams along the north Oregon coast.

Elk97

WKR
Oregon has closed the state to hunting and fishing by non residents prompted at least in part because Washington folks were coming south for spring chinook in the Willamette, resident fish in the Columbia, and razor clams along the north Oregon coast.
I think closing fishing and hunting to NR makes sense until this virus is under control. WA closed the razor clamming openings because thousands of mostly urban people swarm to the small communities on the coast which would endanger them from the virus and I agree with that (even though we had reservations at a state park for the openings).

slvrslngr

WKR
I'm not sure I'm going to make my yearly donation to WDFW this year. We'll see, the lure of turkey hunting and fishing for lingcod and coho my sway me back. I'm just super frustrated.

colersu22

WKR
We'll find out today if it's coming back!

They made the announcement at the 2:30 press conference. Fishing and hunting open back up May 5th as well as public lands and parks for day use. Not sure why they didn’t just have it all open this weekend but I’m definitely heading out for turkey hunting next weekend.