Washington state bans recreational fishing until April 8th

OP
B

bobr1

WKR
Yeah, seems strange. Hopefully its only for the date. Hoping they don't do the same in Montana. They just did shelter in place but it really hasn't changed much. I think there would be a riot if they banned fishing. About the only thing to do right now.

Last edited:

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I chatted with a buddy that saw multiple places where guys were stacked in fishing basically shoulder to shoulder. I think its pretty ridiculous as home depot/costco was a mad house...

HookUp

WKR
Western Washington is a mad house. It makes sense to close fishing down. We have the most complex regulations and we do not need game wardens and fish checkers exposed to the mouth breathers that line certain rivers and lakes for a slimy fish.

Elk97

WKR
I can almost understand it for freshwater if people are crowded along the shore, but not for saltwater that is all from boats this time of year. We were just starting to get some nice blackmouth (chinook) in our area. NOT amused.

tdot

WKR
The rivers, inlets, piers, beaches are lined with fishermen the last week. It's been comical in a stupid sorta way. I think one guy goes out and stands there and everyone else follows. Watched a fly fisherman wade out and start casting in front of a lineup of dudes with gear set on the shore here. I walked away before the shit started flying. Citiots....

Rich M

WKR
Welcome to the democrats. They are closing ramps around here too.

Yet people can shop and golf.

MTimberN

FNG
I understand crowded docks could be an issue but people need to use some common sense, not shut down fishing for everyone. Idaho better not follow..

Vandy321

WKR
That's what Washingtonians's get for keeping Jay Inslee in the governor's mansion...he should have been voted out long ago.

I left that state after college and they couldn't pay me enough to return, the writing was on the wall, even back then.

Last edited:
Oregon closed the Columbia River also since it’s jointly managed between the states. its springer season and boat ramps and parking lots are overflowing At least as much as usual if not more. Not that I agree with the shut down but people need to use some sort of common sense and take the social distancing seriously

I can almost understand it for freshwater if people are crowded along the shore, but not for saltwater that is all from boats this time of year. We were just starting to get some nice blackmouth (chinook) in our area. NOT amused.
agreed... i'm in Oregon, so no closure yet, but I feel for you guys. I know they closed the whole Columbia, but that's it. most ramps are closed here, so unless moored, not fishing from a boat here either.

should be good steelhead fishing mid next week with the rain if they leave it open

Oregon

WKR
Some counties on the Or coast shut down boat ramps.
The logic was to keep the Kung flu in Portland. 2 weeks ago when they first closed schools and workers sent home, the Oregon coast had more people on it than downtownPortland.
The line to launch at popular spots was insane. Peak of salmon season insane.

Elk97

WKR
This is just so wrong, for so many reasons. We're in the middle of a pandemic, people are losing their jobs, kids are at home, economy is tanking and the government decides to put a cherry on top of it all and won't let someone take their kids fishing? Just plain disgusting IMHO. Not so much for me, I'm retired and fish all the time, but families need a healthy activity they can all do together that doesn't involve being around other people.