Washington state bans recreational fishing until April 8th

Yep. Our governor was on last night and said "Driving 2 hours to a park or place to recreate is NOT acceptable under our Stay at Home order, with the provision for exercising".

Why the heck not?????? If we're in our cars driving........who the heck is within 6 feet of us???? And if I'm going fishing, I don't expect anyone to be within a mile of me, let alone 6 feet of me.

He isn’t a sportsman. He doesn’t get it or care to get it. Big wolf loving dufus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heard from a reputable source that the fishing ban in WA will be lifted on Monday. Kids and I will be out for blood... fish stockpile getting thin.

Heard from a reputable source that the fishing ban in WA will be lifted on Monday. Kids and I will be out for blood... fish stockpile getting thin.
I hope so, and I hope folks put some effort into not getting it closed again. i'm surprised we didn't get shut down, but all of our boat launches are.

steelhead fishing is still good, and valley springers are showing up, summers will be soon

Logan80

Lil-Rokslider
Well this is what was posted on their facebook earlier today. I sure hope those "announcements" on Monday are good news for sportsmen.

1585972456696.png

HDwild

WKR
Showed up to the Yakima Canyon section last week ready to fish and noticed no one on the river and WDFW patrols and sheriff's deputies cruising up and down. Noticed it was unusual and then looked it up and saw the closure. Talk about a day-ruiner. Luckily, I always bring my binos and a spotting scope so I turned it into a scouting trip. However, now state lands and wilderness areas are "closed"... sometimes rules must be broken..responsibly

I'm guessing that they will close everything, hunting and fishing until that May 4th date.

I just heard from another guy this could be the case as well. Really blows - my neighbor up the canyon is a fishing guide and is getting smashed by this thing financially. I get wanting to limit travel but would’ve rather seen something less drastic. I can be at the boat launch in 10 minutes and never even talk to another person. Would be ideal way for me to keep three kids entertained over a 5-6 week spring break. I guess we’ll see.

Elk97

WKR
I hope I'm wrong but with WDFW and DNR just announcing that all state lands will be closed until May 3 I don't see them turning around on Monday and opening all the boat ramps, etc so people can go fishing. Like I say, hope I'm wrong.

Hhardrockminer

Lil-Rokslider
I worked in Seattle on their Tunnels and the guys I had working for me, I'd tell them the ONLY good thing to come out of Wa. is an MT bus.
Most of those people who have a degree have ZERO common sense, Read in one of their Quick Quarter or whatever the papers name was "get your meat from a butcher shop where no animals are killed" DUHHHH

Elk97

WKR
So we're thinking about going out "fishing" in the boat around home here, just for something to do. Figure we can put everything out, downriggers, flashers, everything except the lures:)). We know most of the WDFW guys around here, I think they'd see the humor, but these are strange times.

Thanks for the link to the petition

Sanchez

Lil-Rokslider
I support the Washington closure. The problem is people in large metro areas where the virus is most common are layed off work and looking for things to do. They travel to places like the coast to go ocean fishing or eastern Washington to go fishing. Along the way they have numerous contacts and could potentially amplify the virus spread. Many (not all) have a me, me, me attitude and really do not seem to care if they transfer the virus to others.

I live on the Oregon coast where fishing is still open. Many people from distant metropolitan areas (Portland, Salem, Eugene) are ignoring "stay at home orders" and going fishing where they could clearly spread the virus and certainly weaken efforts to dead end the virus. Oregon needs the same rule as Washington. Sport fishing is non essential.

I'm in washington and while they close the state lands the trailheads around Issaquah are parking lots. Its politically motivated.

Well my inside knowledge ain’t worth two cents. They canceled school for the year and extended closure until May 4. Double whammy. Counting the days until I leave this state.

Elk97

WKR
And if you read it carefully they say "if" they open spot prawn, halibut, etc on May 4. So it's not a given that we'll have any seasons this year. I also liked (not) the bit at the end where it says they do not regulate shed hunting but remember that all state lands are closed for everything. Can't even take a walk on any state land.

And if you read it carefully they say "if" they open spot prawn, halibut, etc on May 4. So it's not a given that we'll have any seasons this year. I also liked (not) the bit at the end where it says they do not regulate shed hunting but remember that all state lands are closed for everything. Can't even take a walk on any state land.

They’re too incompetent to do anything sensible. Price we pay living in a state run by one big liberal city overrun by drugs and bums. I guess we know how they feel in NY, CA, IL, etc.