Washington state bans recreational fishing until April 8th

colersu22

WKR
I’m pretty bummed about the no fishing and no turkey hunting and feel bad for those who drew spring bear. I live in a community with a private lake that the HOA stocks and I can’t even fish that.

Out by my house they are writing trespassing tickets for people going hiking on state land and a local hot spot has had vehicles towed the past 2 weekends since they keep the gate for parking locked and people are parking on the side of the road that is posted no parking.

BluMtn

WKR
Then I guess I might upset everybody if I tell you that all I have to do is go to my garage and back out my SxS and put a cooler in the back and in 15 minutes I am in the mountains enjoying the beautiful day in total silence. Sorry guys had to say it.

They’re too incompetent to do anything sensible. Price we pay living in a state run by one big liberal city overrun by drugs and bums. I guess we know how they feel in NY, CA, IL, etc.

We can still fish and turkey hunt in California. Whats happening to you guys is absurd. If you are fishing or hunting within 6 feet of a stranger you are doing it wrong...

Then I guess I might upset everybody if I tell you that all I have to do is go to my garage and back out my SxS and put a cooler in the back and in 15 minutes I am in the mountains enjoying the beautiful day in total silence. Sorry guys had to say it.

Now I’ve got a big back yard 🤣 - just no fish on it!

3FEC407A-E78C-47FA-BBEA-8B53C60D1DB2.jpeg

We can still fish and turkey hunt in California. Whats happening to you guys is absurd. If you are fishing or hunting within 6 feet of a stranger you are doing it wrong...
100% agree.... I never thought I would see the day that Washington would "out liberal" California. I feel bad for folks in Washington who have the same recreation activities as me..... fishing and hunting is all I do, and a big part of that is the solitude.... always has been.

it's the ultimate social distancing, I have no possibility of catching corona or spreading it by doing it. why can't they compromise a little with a rule of how far you can travel to do it, keep it resident only.... something…… there is some reasonable compromise.

I always thought Washington was a state I could live in (some parts) but there is no way in hell after this.... I would have to skip WA and hop all the way up to AK if I ever leave OR, but I have lived there awhile, and that's not really an option either, the weather is depressing much of the winter..... it's official.... i'm stuck, haha.

I was really hoping this wouldn't happen, it really reminds me of a few ruining it for everyone. if they are already enforcing it (to make sure people aren't fishing/hunting, why not let people do it and enforce the social distancing instead?

it's dumb, and almost seems like a money grab citing people for trying to enjoy the outdoors.

you did not pick a sucky place to live 😉 my buddy drew the Weneha bow tag a couple years ago, and I went with him to help, and I was in awe of that country, and loved the towns around there, people are really cool over there.

we made a road trip over there last spring, just to go hang out and glass some critters, it's a pretty special place over there.

Morels will be showing up pretty soon too right? 6 weeks or so? I don't think anyone would be upset with you, but i'm guessing many are envious of your setup.

I just spent a few days in the desert, I love it over there too, you forget what's going on in the world, it's not associated to life in the sage brush, that is a cool thing..... especially right now.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
you did not pick a sucky place to live 😉 my buddy drew the Weneha bow tag a couple years ago, and I went with him to help, and I was in awe of that country, and loved the towns around there, people are really cool over there.

That area sucks. No one should go there. It's worse than Seattle...

jboettner

FNG
I’m pretty bummed about the no fishing and no turkey hunting and feel bad for those who drew spring bear. I live in a community with a private lake that the HOA stocks and I can’t even fish that.

Out by my house they are writing trespassing tickets for people going hiking on state land and a local hot spot has had vehicles towed the past 2 weekends since they keep the gate for parking locked and people are parking on the side of the road that is posted no parking.
Was curious if anyone was actually ticketed. Got my answer. What a sad reality and time we are living in.

people are getting weird

Some dude was yelling at me to stay home this afternoon.

I calmly asked him why he wasn’t at home himself.

Inslee has no problem forcing small business owners to close but his pet project lite rail has to stay open and the coffee and pot shops stay open.

But you can’t go fishing. Makes no sense.

people are getting weird

Some dude was yelling at me to stay home this afternoon.

I calmly asked him why he wasn’t at home himself.

Inslee has no problem forcing small business owners to close but his pet project lite rail has to stay open and the coffee and pot shops stay open.

But you can’t go fishing. Makes no sense.
from yours and obviously my perspective, it seems weird doesn't it? maybe they hope people smoke up and get more paranoid? I don't want free money, I want to go to work.

it just seems bizarre how certain things are being handled vs other things. the double standards are plentiful, which makes it difficult to go all in on staying home.

people around here are irrational as well.... we have 4 cases in our county, one wasn't in our county when they got it, the other 3 are in the same household, and people are being crazy.

Elk97

WKR
This crap is really getting ridiculous. All the models show that WA has past the peak in new cases and deaths and now that "they" have reversed the lie they told us about masks they should allow everyone to go about their business if we all wear masks. Never thought I'd see this in the USA. My father lives in FL and is 98. He goes for a walk every day (uses a walker), only about 2-300' down the street and turns around. He was stopped by the police today and told he can't walk outside anymore. There's no one else around there, he's the only one on the street.
Anyone hears of a demonstration to protest this nonsense let me know- I'm in.
Sorry this is off topic (fishing) but I needed to vent.

This crap is really getting ridiculous. All the models show that WA has past the peak in new cases and deaths and now that "they" have reversed the lie they told us about masks they should allow everyone to go about their business if we all wear masks. Never thought I'd see this in the USA. My father lives in FL and is 98. He goes for a walk every day (uses a walker), only about 2-300' down the street and turns around. He was stopped by the police today and told he can't walk outside anymore. There's no one else around there, he's the only one on the street.
Anyone hears of a demonstration to protest this nonsense let me know- I'm in.
Sorry this is off topic (fishing) but I needed to vent.

The government is heavy handed, I feel your frustration.

BluMtn

WKR
That area sucks. No one should go there. It's worse than Seattle...

Yes, everybody listen to what jskaanland is saying. This is a terrible place to be. Please for your own sake go to Stevens county or Ferry county and that way you will not be caught up in all the bad things that are here in the blues. For the safety of all those that you love. Thank you jskaanland for that great public announcement.