Washington turkey slam

OP
Z71&Gun

Z71&Gun

Lil-Rokslider
What do you think is the best order to go about it? You think it’s best to try for an Eastern first because they’re the hardest, or start with a rio to get the momentum going, start at home and travel out, vise versa, or is there another factor that’s more important?

Turkeynut

FNG
What do you think is the best order to go about it? You think it’s best to try for an Eastern first because they’re the hardest, or start with a rio to get the momentum going, start at home and travel out, vise versa, or is there another factor that’s more important?
Depends on your access to each species. The Rio has been the hardest for me each time. I have access and knowledge of Eastern habitats more than Rios and the proximity of where I live made it the most difficult of the three for me. The Eastern is harder for it's probably going to take a lot more scouting effort and accessibility acquisition than the other two. I scout the Easterns fairly hard and not as much the other two.

OP
Z71&Gun

Z71&Gun

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the advice. I live right on the edge of Rio territory, so they’re the closest for me. I also hunt deer in Myriams territory. Shot my first Miriam last year. If you ever want to trade hunts or intel, I’d love to start working on figuring the Easterns out.

4g0t3n1

FNG
I have just started looking into Turkey hunting in Wa state and this is the first time I’ve heard of this. If I’m on the Westside where would be a good place to start looking for big birds?