Wasilla/anchorage taxidermist recommendation

Northpark

WKR
Currently sitting in the airport on my way to Anchorage. Me and buddy that lives in Alaska are headed out for a week of spring black bear Hunting. Planning on flying back with bear meat and skull but as hoping to have the hide tanned and shipped to me. This is all assuming I actually kill a bear which seems to be the animal I have not had good luck with despite multiple attempts to kill my first one.

If I actually punch a tag does anyone have a good taxidermist recommendation?

seashift

FNG
I’m hoping for success up there as well. Could use a recommendation to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

207-12A

Lil-Rokslider
You're going to get a lot of replies for Dahlbergs, who I don't have experience with but he will get my next business. He has a very active Facebook which shows off the quality of his work.

For bears specifically check out Tundra Taxidermy, I've had two (caribou) hides tanned by them and they are quick turnaround and quality work. My buddy had a bear rugged by them which turned out incredibly well.

Ryansven

FNG
Grant Gullicks with Wild Creations will not disappoint he is a great guy and excellent taxidermist in the area!

Snowwolfe

Lil-Rokslider
You would be better off taking the hide home with you and having someone in the lower 48 do it. Costs are high (especially labor) in Alaska and supplies had to be shipped up then your rug would have to be shipped down.

OP
Northpark

Northpark

WKR
You would be better off taking the hide home with you and having someone in the lower 48 do it. Costs are high (especially labor) in Alaska and supplies had to be shipped up then your rug would have to be shipped down.
Ideally yes I would have just brought it home but that wasn’t in the cards. I had three checked bags already with my rifle and two 50lb boxes of fish and meat which is how I get my wife to agree with these trips. Plus the convenience of simply having the taxidermist seal my hide and just have it shipped was also a plus. I do agree cost was high in Alaska but it wasn’t the end of the world.